Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Maureen Miller and I am a Kindle author of two romantic suspense novels, WIDOW'S TALE and ROGUE WAVE.

I'm still a nighttime author (and an author during lengthy layovers in airports). By day I write and install software for the glass manufacturing industry. It's a glamorous job that requires me to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, earplugs and teach 500 pound men named "Tiny" how to use our software. If you happen to be a 500lb man named "Tiny", please take no offense. Everyone I have met has been absolutely wonderful to work with.

Anyway, back to the writing. WIDOW'S TALE was a Golden Heart finalist in the Romantic Suspense category as well as winning several other awards. ROGUE WAVE is my latest work. I keep writing every chance I get because I love it so.

It's wonderful to meet you all! Please stop by or drop a line anytime. www.maureenamiller.com

Maureen Miller

WIDOW'S TALE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00147RWB8
ROGUE WAVE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00200JVTO

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your stay here.  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
mamiller said:
Hello all. My name is Maureen Miller and I am a Kindle author of two romantic suspense novels, WIDOW'S TALE and ROGUE WAVE.

I'm still a nighttime author (and an author during lengthy layovers in airports). By day I write and install software for the glass manufacturing industry. It's a glamorous job that requires me to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, earplugs and teach 500 pound men named "Tiny" how to use our software. If you happen to be a 500lb man named "Tiny", please take no offense. Everyone I have met has been absolutely wonderful to work with.

Anyway, back to the writing. WIDOW'S TALE was a Golden Heart finalist in the Romantic Suspense category as well as winning several other awards. ROGUE WAVE is my latest work. I keep writing every chance I get because I love it so.

It's wonderful to meet you all! Please stop by or drop a line anytime. www.maureenamiller.com

Maureen Miller

WIDOW'S TALE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00147RWB8
ROGUE WAVE http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00200JVTO
Good morning Maureen. I sampled Widow"s Tale last night and then bought the book. I have two books to finish and then will read it. I was hooked after page one, love that!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcomes! 

Writing is so theraputic.  If I've had a bad day, my leading man gets to execute a perfect Ninjitsu-type kick on the enemy (even if neither my leading man nor I know what Ninjitsu is!)  God bless fiction!  :D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Maureen - and my name is not Tiny! Nor am I 500 pounds altho some days I feel like I am  :-X

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aaahh, but now I shall call you Tiny  ;) 

Thank you for the 'welcome'.  It is certainly a wonderful group and I'm happy to be here.

Maureen

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Maureen and welcome to KindleBoards. I have downloaded samples of your books and look forward to reading them.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Maureen! We love our author members.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Maureen! It's always nice to welcome authors to our group.  The best of luck with your novels. ;D
jp

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Maureen!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Welcome from another NCer. I have downloaded a sample of Widow's Tale, but haven't had a chance to read it. Maybe this weekend. What part of NC are you in?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Howdy,

I hail from lovely Lake Norman.  Technically I could say I live 'across the street' from the lake, but it's a really big street and then there's about a 1/4 mile walk to reach water.  But we'll stick with the 'I live across the street from the lake'.  It sounds nicer  ::)

Thank you for downloading the sample.  Enjoy!

Maureen

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome. I just got a sample of your book Widow's Tale. I was trying to decide what to read next. I'll give the sample a try here in a bit. I loved your post. It made me laugh.

I love Lake Norman. I lived in NC years ago when Lake Norman was not near as built up as it is now.

Thank you for sharing about your books with us.
deb

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome aboard Maureen, nice to have you here with us. My mom tells me the Lake Norman area is beautiful. She lives on the coast but had gone house shopping with my uncle when he was considering relocating there.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the welcome! :) Lake Norman is full of speed boats, yachts, sailboats...you name it. And there is me, in my friend's borrowed kayak. I'm kind of like a gnat in a cow pasture.

I'm having 'technical' issues with my website. I apologize. If anyone was trying it, you can reach me at http://www.maureenamiller.com-a.googlepages.com/ for now.

Everyone have a great weekend. Kindles work great in Kayaks! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts