Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the boards for a few days now (I've had my Kindle2 since the end of March) and felt I should go ahead and register myself and be all "official".  ;D

Just today I received my new skins from DG and now my baby is all dressed up and ready to go! 

Anyway, Hi from Ohio!

Emily

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
OH I-O

Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Emily! Glad you found us. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you ar thinking of personalizing yur Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hello Emily, welcome to the Boards.
What skin did you get?  (If you've been reading for a couple of days then you probably know we like to know these kind of things.)  ;)
Looking forward to more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the Mount Doom skin for myself and Orient for my mother (who just received her Kindle2 today).  I guess I thought it would be harder to put it on, but I did alright with it.  Next step is to attempt to make a cover for the basic Amazon cover I have - should be interesting.  I already have some ideas for closures and charms.

Thanks for the warm welcome; I'm really looking forward to "being here". :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Emily,

Always nice to see another Buckeye adding wit and charm to the boards...ahem! ;)

You say that you ordered your skins from "DG". Pardon me for my ignorance, but who is DG; why should I buy a skin from them...as opposed to Amazon; and do they carry some that are masculine-looking?

[If Emily is not around to answer my questions, will someone else jump in with help? Thank you.]

Welcome from another Ohio newbie, Emily,

Lisztener - Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, it's me... :-[

I did some searching in the obvious place to find an answer to my question. I found that "DG" stands for "Dream Girl"...teasing...;D..."Decal Girl".

Has anyone besides me ever felt like an impetuous fool?

Thanks for what would have been an answer that I no longer need.

Why do I only feel at ease in this thread? I need to expand my horizons and step into the vastness of info that beckons elsewhere on the boards.

Bye, for now,

L.R.

PS - welcome, again, Emily

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome, Emily!

Although I live in VA now, I grew up in Ohio & still consider myself a Buckeye.  I am loyal to the Cleveland sports teams, heartbreaking as that can be.

Now that you are 'officially' a member here, you can join in the contests to win prizes.  I think there is a Father's Day contest going on in Let's Talk Kindle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts