Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popping in to say Hello from Ohio. NW Ohio to be more defined.

I'm waiting on my Kindle 2 to be delivered. The email I got today said it should be here by the 28th but I'm hoping it comes sooner.

I'm totally new to the whole Kindle thing. A Kindle virgin you might say.
After reading a post on the journal site Open Diary made by one of my faves I started checking them out and for a while flipped back and forth between getting a K2 or finding a used K1 on eBay.  A friend suggested I should just get the newer version rather then buy a used older one and well.. here I am.

On a more personal note, I'm a single Mom with two kids. My daughter lives on her own now that shes of age and I just have my young son at home. Two cats, a dog an several neon tetra's round out the family.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome from a former Ohioan.  You will love your Kindle.  We are fun and friendly group here, once everyeon gets through the whole Kindle 2 oohing and ahhing things will get back to normal.  We have lots of recommendations on books, some free, some low cost and some from new authors, lots of accessories from book covers to skins to cases to purses.  There is always someone here to answer any questions for you.  Have fun here and we look forward to your comments when you get your Kindle.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello OhioKat and welcome to KindleBoards. So glad you found your way here. Congrats on your soon-to-be Kindle!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, OhioKat!
While you re waiting, check out the Book Corner for some cheep or even free reading material.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Glad to have you here Ohiokat!  8)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome, Ohiokat.  Be sure to let us know how you like your K2 when it arrives. 
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi OhioKat - nice to have you here.  We have lots of nice folks from Ohio as members of the KB so glad to have you join us/them.

Be sure and post pictures of your pets in the Not Quite Kindle pet thread, we are all obsessive about our kindles, reading and pets!  ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts