Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this board and am excited to be reading some of the posts. My Kindle hasn't arrived yet so I'm anxiously waiting to hear news of shipment. I have been reading posts on Amazon's site for about 2 weeks and decided to switch over to here. Thanks to Leslie leaving the information about this board on the Amazon site.

I just saw the information about the $10 certificate from Coinstar. I've never used one of the machines but am going to now.

My Kindle hasn't even arrived but I'm already addicted just from reading everyones excitement about it.

I keep adding book samples to be downloaded so that I don't forget the titles before mine arrives. It's going to be so much fun turning the Whispernet for the first time.

This board has so much helpful information.

Thanks for all the ongoing enthusiasm regarding the Kindle. Some of you that have had it for a long time seem just as excited as those of that waiting for arrival. That's great!

Lynn

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Lynn, we re so happy to have you join us! This is a great place to spend time as you patiently wait on your Kindle. There are great Kindle tips, book recommendations and by all means you must check out accessories. I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Linda

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Lynn, welcome!

Have you checked, do you have a shipping date?  It's like an obstetrician's waiting room here when someone's Kindle ships.  We all hang around waiting with the expectant owner, and then share the excitement when it gets here.  Too cool!

While you wait, check out Accessories.  ;D  Yes, I'm the local Accessories enabler.  We've got lots of good ideas for you.  And we've got Tips & Tricks, the Book Corner for book recommendations, lots of free and bargain stuff out there!, Introductions to meet other owners and some places just to chat!

Betsy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, Lynn, come join in on the "Official Waiting" thread.  I'm waiting too, and its starting to make me just a wee bit crazy about checking my shipping status........... :eek:

Katiekat

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Run Lynn, Run while you still can!  These people will suck you in!  Pretty soon you'll be picking out names for your Kindle and buying it clothes.  You'll be obsessing over tracking information; your click finger will hurt from hitting refresh all day.

Seriously though, Welcome!  This is a great forum and everybody is very helpful and friendly.  My Kindle is due to arrive tomorrow and everyone here is so supportive.  I never thought I would need help through this type of an addiction.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kim said:
Run Lynn, Run while you still can! These people will suck you in! Pretty soon you'll be picking out names for your Kindle and buying it clothes. You'll be obsessing over tracking information; your click finger will hurt from hitting refresh all day.

Seriously though, Welcome! This is a great forum and everybody is very helpful and friendly. My Kindle is due to arrive tomorrow and everyone here is so supportive. I never thought I would need help through this type of an addiction.
Kim, we'll be with you every minute. Keep us posted. We love when it says
"OUT FOR DELIVERY"

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Kim, we'll be with you every minute. Keep us posted. We love when it says
"OUT FOR DELIVERY"

Betsy
Except when it say "OUT FOR DELIVERY" in Secaucus NJ when it should be in Longview TX!!! ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
Except when it say "OUT FOR DELIVERY" in Secaucus NJ when it should be in Longview TX!!! ;D
Angela had a bad experience....

Betsy

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

I have to say that I've never even seen a Kindle and I don't know anyone personally that even owns any type of e-reader. But I am also ready hooked!

I have never been an aholic of any type until now! But I've quickly become a kindleaholic.

I am kicking myself a million times that I had one on order at the beginning of November, got to anxious to wait and thought I would get it fast by buying one eBay so that I wouldn't have to wait. So on Nov 11, I canceled my Amazon order and bought it.

Well the seller I purchased it from didn't mention in their listing that they didn't have any in stock and was ordering it himself!

So I was told I had to wait 3 week for his shipment to come. Grrrrr

I have been going nuts not being able to watch my own delivery schedule. And he isn't responding telling me a definite date.

Yesterday, I got tired of waiting to hear from the eBay seller and ordered another one on Amazon with OVERNIGHT shipping! If I ever get the one from eBay I will resell it or file a claim and get my money back.

I'm sticking with the new order. My ship date isn't until Dec. 16-19. (If I had kept my first order I would have had it next week :(

So now I'm on pins and needles again and checking my Amazon account 4 times a day hoping a miracle will happen and the shipping day will be sooner.

Yes, I feel like I'm anxiously pacing and waiting just like an arrival of a new baby.

I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning and noticed that the shipping estimate is now 11-13 weeks. I reordered just in time!

I've already been checking out skins, covers and other fun accessories!

And after reading a few posts from yesterday, I went to Coinstar today and put in over $40 in change so that I could get the extra $10.

I even signed up for an Amazon Visa today and got a $50 credit. I'm so excited, I think I may burst  :D

Lynn

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I have lots of post to catch up on and learn from. So hopefully that will make the time go faster.

·
Registered
869 Posts
katiekat1066 said:
Yeah, Lynn, come join in on the "Official Waiting" thread. I'm waiting too, and its starting to make me just a wee bit crazy about checking my shipping status........... :eek:

Katiekat
Hi, Katiekat -

I would to welcome you aboard and I see you already made some posts. Awesome.

I'd like to say that I really like your avator? It's such a great picture! Or is it a drawing of some kind? Anyway, it's so cool 8)

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
869 Posts
love2read said:
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

I have to say that I've never even seen a Kindle and I don't know anyone personally that even owns any type of e-reader. But I am also ready hooked!

I have never been an aholic of any type until now! But I've quickly become a kindleaholic.

I am kicking myself a million times that I had one on order at the beginning of November, got to anxious to wait and thought I would get it fast by buying one eBay so that I wouldn't have to wait. So on Nov 11, I canceled my Amazon order and bought it.

Well the seller I purchased it from didn't mention in their listing that they didn't have any in stock and was ordering it himself!

So I was told I had to wait 3 week for his shipment to come. Grrrrr

I have been going nuts not being able to watch my own delivery schedule. And he isn't responding telling me a definite date.

Yesterday, I got tired of waiting to hear from the eBay seller and ordered another one on Amazon with OVERNIGHT shipping! If I ever get the one from eBay I will resell it or file a claim and get my money back.

I'm sticking with the new order. My ship date isn't until Dec. 16-19. (If I had kept my first order I would have had it next week :(

So now I'm on pins and needles again and checking my Amazon account 4 times a day hoping a miracle will happen and the shipping day will be sooner.

Yes, I feel like I'm anxiously pacing and waiting just like an arrival of a new baby.

I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning and noticed that the shipping estimate is now 11-13 weeks. I reordered just in time!

I've already been checking out skins, covers and other fun accessories!

And after reading a few posts from yesterday, I went to Coinstar today and put in over $40 in change so that I could get the extra $10.

I even signed up for an Amazon Visa today and got a $50 credit. I'm so excited, I think I may burst :D

Lynn
Lynn, that's quite a story an elopement story ;)

I'm curious how much you were going to pay for the Ebay Kindle? If you don't want to say, that is fine. I'm just curious having read the Kindles on Ebay for much more than the purchase price.

Tell what skins you like and the covers that interest you; that's fun stuff to learn...

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
277 Posts
Marci said:
Hi, Katiekat -

I would to welcome you aboard and I see you already made some posts. Awesome.

I'd like to say that I really like your avator? It's such a great picture! Or is it a drawing of some kind? Anyway, it's so cool 8)

Cheers,

Marci
Marci - If you're talking about my kitty cat, I found it on an avatar site, I think it was www.avatarist.com If you're talking about my previous avatar, that is a little doodle I did for the Baen Barflies - that's why the fly has a drink and a book. As you can see, I'm having fun with avatars, I've changed it yet again! I'm having so much fun around here, it should be illegal!

Katiekat

·
Registered
869 Posts
Katiekat -

I seem to agree with your choices in avatars because I like your newest (Girl Genius)! Super good!  :D

It was the kitty cat one that drew my interest.  Thanks for the link as I will be exploring it.  Would you mind sharing the info over "Where do you get your Avatars?" in Not Quite Kindle board.  I can't remember if its been posted there ...

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi and welcome Lynn!

Boy, that is some story. Being that the seller did not disclose that he didn't actually have any in stock, is it possible to have the seller refund your money???

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome Lynn.  KindleBoards will keep you very busy while you wait for your Kindle.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Marci and everyone else that replied welcoming me,

I still haven't had time to figure out how to post part of another persons reply onto my message so that I could directly reply back to them.

As for my eBay Kindle story, I have been an eBay seller for over 3 years so I at least know a good deal about selling and buying on eBay.

When I canceled my Amazon order and went with the eBay item I thought I would save myself time in shipping and getting it sooner.

At the time I bought it there was a deal on eBay teamed with Microsoft offering 25% cash back if you follow certain rules. I don't know if the deal is still being offered or not.

But you go into live.com and in the search field type in Wii. If the promotion is still working, in the top 3 sponsored results box you will see an ad from eBay with a 25% cashback bonus sign after the Wii search result. You click on that and it takes you into eBay. At the top of your screen if you still see the 25% cashback sign inside of eBay your are set. In eBay to can type in a search for a large ticket item and if you choose a buy-it-now item (not a bidding type of auction) from a seller that doesn't use their own payment service (they have to use PayPal without their own checkout service involved) then you can get the cash back directly deposited into your PayPal account after 60 day of the auction ending. There are few more rules than that but not to hard to figure out.

I chose an eBay seller that I was sure was only accepting PayPal directly and paid $394.00 for the Kindle. Since I did it all right and went on to fill out all the correct things needed to qualify for the cashback reward, I received an email from Microsoft and eBay saying that I would be getting $98.50 back deposited into my account in January. Then I could transfer that to my bank account.

So supposedly when all was done I would have paid just under $300 for a new Kindle and received it quicker than I would have through Amazon.

It is now 18 days since the purchase and although I have tried to contact the seller, they have responded very little but until this morning giving me the impression that I would be receiving my item. This morning I received a message that their PayPal account has been limited and they at this time they are unable to refund my money!!!

So I filed a PayPal claim from my account this morning.

I'm glad I trusted my instincts from this seller and went ahead and ordered another one on Amazon. Unfortunately I have already paid the credit card bill from the eBay seller purchase and will be getting another charge whenever my current order ships. It can take at least 30 days or more to work through this with PayPal and get my money back.

I'm just a small time eBay seller and although I have mailed out a couple thousand packages since I started I am far from Power Seller status. I work very hard to ship all items asap after payment and keep my feedback at 100%. I have never even considered listing an item that I didn't actually have at the time of listing.

Oh well, at least I still have my Amazon account showing an expected arrival date from Dec 16-19. And I am still checking my account every few hours hoping to see that it is preparing to ship early! Hopefully the seller will cooperate with the PayPal claim and do whats needed to refund my money sooner.

I have had my eye on the Kindle for a year. My plan was to use my meager eBay earnings and give myself a nice treat. So I have done that and am so glad that I got my order in just a few hours before the shipping status changed to 11-13 weeks.

By the way, I mostly sell Disney items not electronics. I don't think I will ever use eBay again for an electronic item.

Lynn

1 - 20 of 39 Posts