Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the FAQ on the Amazon discussion boards for a few days and just came upon the link for this forum.  I bought the K1 from eBay and am just waiting for it to arrive via snail mail.  I was hoping to get it this weekend, but I think it'll probably show up Monday or Tuesday. 

I'm very excited to be a Kindle owner finally and have already downloaded some free books from Mobi.  I'm also looking forward to putting some textbooks on my Kindle.  I go to school online and most of my professors provide online readings which I found I can convert to be able to read them on the kindle to go. 

:)
Didi

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Didi! It is good that you found a way to use a Kindle for your classes. Lots of suggestions for reading in the Book Cornerarea, Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting has a great deal of good information and Accessories area will show you how to glam up your Kindle if you so desire. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome!

I am so excited.  I didn't go out this morning to Panera for coffee and breakfast like I usually do on the weekend because I had hoped that my Kindle would be delivered today... and it JUST WAS!! I am so excited!! I had looked at the USPS website yesterday and it said the package had just left Jacksonville, so I didn't think it would be here today.... I'm off to open the box!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations! I know you won't read this for a while, you'll be too busy with your new "precious"! We will be here when you come back.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Didi - don't expect you to see this for a few days since you will be busy - but welcome to the kindleboards.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I played with it on and off so much yesterday (when I wasn't playing with it I was looking up information online!) that I ended up not going to bed until 2:30 in the morning!!  I just woke up! 

I looked at the accessories section of the boards and was almost convinced to buy an Oberon cover, but then though better of it... I could spend $75 on books!  I did end up buying a decal girl skin, that I could definitely see a use for since I don't want the Kindle getting dirty.  I also ended up going to my local Barnes and Nobles last night for some coffee and to read my new toy, and found the Mighty Bright light there for ten bucks and change.  When I was checking out they tried to sell me their frequent book club thingy and I said, no thanks I just got my Kindle!  The cashier was so excited to see one ever that I ended up talking to him for about 15 mins!

Well, with all the playing I did yesterday I got no housework done and didn't really finish my reading for school.... So, no more playing for me today!  I hope you all have a great rest of your weekends!

Didi

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Didi - lots of free books and inexpensive ones as well, be sure and check out the Book Klub!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts