Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I've been lurking on this board for a month or so, and decided to try to get involved.
My name is Tammy, and I work in Washington DC. I've had my Kindle for just a little while, but I absolutely love it.
I did a lot of research before I bought it. I really thought I'd like it, because I always have at least one book on my person. I buy a lot of books, so price or usage time didn't matter to me. But I wanted to check on 2 things:
1. Is it easy to use and read from?
2. Are a lot of my favorite authors involved in the Kindle?
The answer to both questions were a resounding yes. It's definitely comfortable, and 95% of my favorite authors (those I read all the series of) are on board.
So I bought it. I was so excited I even paid for next day delivery, since I was taking the day off anyway (no school for daughter).
I've already loaded up with 2 dozen books, blinged out my Kindle (see my pictures at No. VA K&K Meeting), and talk about it with anyone who will listen.
I'm also trying to get involved in the Amazon board. But of course there are some really talented people on both boards, so I don't think I'll be able to compete with the humor.
I'm happy to be here.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Tammy, glad you're done lurking.  Loved your pics from your Saturday meeting. 
It sounds like you gave a lot of thought to your purchase and have no buyer regret.  I have no buyer regret either. 
Looking forward to more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Tammy - glad you are out of lurking, maybe you can go to the next DC area meet up.  It would have been fun if you had showed up at the last one, you did know about it didn't you being a lurker?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Tammy!
I sure you'll fit in just fine with the friendly folks here at KindleBoards.  When I first bought my Kindle I thought I would spend megabucks on books.  I found, through Kindleboards, that there are TONS of free or very cheap books for the Kindle.  I have read many of them and haven't found a bad book yet.  We have so many talented authors here. ;D
jp

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy and bring the President

·
Registered
284 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, neighbor!  Avoid the enablers and you'll be okay. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Tammy! Glad you found us!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Well welcome Tammy,

I live in Derwood, MD and work in Crystal City.
We have a group that has already had a Kindle Meet in Pentagon City Mall.
We are planning another one for July 14 in Reston. Maybe you could join us.
The thread for that is in Not Quite Kindle and called DC Meet A Success.

Just sayin.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts