Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..

My name is Delbert and I've been wanting a kindle since I saw them earlier this year..  but have held off because of the price. Finally decided to get one for myself for Christmas, (with the wife's blessing, got her a Wii).

Found out if I ordered one I'd have a 11 to 13 week wait.. so I waited a bit and this morning when I looked what did I see. Refurbished ones with the same return policy and warrenty as a new one.. And I could have it by Monday.......

I've ordered and now I'm surfing the net studying up... found this board and this was my introduction.  :> will let everyone know how the refurb is. :>

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Delbert, welcome! Glad to have you here. Please feel free to dive in and ask questions, share opinions, whatever...we are all things Kindle here.

L

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome Delbert! Hope your Kindle comes soon!

I'm also from N. Huntingdon, was born and raised there, but I now call Maryland home. :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Delby. KindleBoards is a good place to learn about all things Kindle and to make new friends.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Delby said:
Hello all..

My name is Delbert and I've been wanting a kindle since I saw them earlier this year.. but have held off because of the price. Finally decided to get one for myself for Christmas, (with the wife's blessing, got her a Wii).

Found out if I ordered one I'd have a 11 to 13 week wait.. so I waited a bit and this morning when I looked what did I see. Refurbished ones with the same return policy and warrenty as a new one.. And I could have it by Monday.......

I've ordered and now I'm surfing the net studying up... found this board and this was my introduction. :> will let everyone know how the refurb is. :>
Welcome to the Kindleboards! You can start ordering books immediately! (You have $30 to play with, right?) We have lots of free and bargain books recommended by readers in the Book Corner. And Book Clubs!

We'll be on Kindlewatch with you on Monday. Our group loves waiting with expectang Kindlers!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Delbert and welcome! You have certainly come to the right place to hang out till your Kindle arrives... and long after!! ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Delbert -

Good to know you are in harmony with your wife about purchasing a kindle ;)

I'll be on the Kindlewatch with others and can't wait to hear all about the first newborn kindle to join the boards! This will be a very special event :-*

Keep us posted,

Marci

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome, Delbert

Congratulations on the new Kindle for Christmas. 

Lots of reading on the boards to learn about using it in the meantime.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congrats and welcome Delbert! Feel free to browse, ask questions and post. A friendly bunch of folks here that share a passion for reading and our Kindles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome Delbert and hello from all the way across the country- San Diego CA.

You have found a fun and helpful group here.  You were very fortunate that you got right on the refurbished Kindle offer.  Congrats!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Delby said:
Hello all..

My name is Delbert and I've been wanting a kindle since I saw them earlier this year.. but have held off because of the price. Finally decided to get one for myself for Christmas, (with the wife's blessing, got her a Wii).

I've ordered and now I'm surfing the net studying up... found this board and this was my introduction. :> will let everyone know how the refurb is. :>
Hi Delbert" Welcome to the board. I had my Kindle since July. I live in Astoria (Queens) New York. Let us know when you Kindle arrives.

Anne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts