Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!  I just joined the kindle boards and wanted to come here and say hi.  I'm a 30 (just turned) yr. old mother of 4.  My oldest daughter just turned 10!  Yikes!  I married the love of my life when I was 18.  The rest of my kids are 5,2, and 1.  3 girls and the youngest is a boy. 
I read constantly.  I wake up every morning and clean my house.  The rest of the day is spent playing with the kids and reading my books and newspapers.  I am a political junkie.  I read at least 5 books a week.  I read anything I can get my hands on.  Even if I don't like what I started, I still finish it.  I have to know what happens! 
I am anxiously awaiting my kindle.  I ordered it Dec. 19th and I'm still waiting!  :'( Hopefully it won't be long now.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome again Laney,
Glad to have you here.  And glad you're able to find time to read with 4 young ones. 
We'll gladly wait with you, and you'll learn a lot from the very informative and intelligent folks here.
debbie

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! There are several of us who are waiting on our Kindles. Check out the Book Klubs, learn about your coming Kindle and any accessories you didn't know you needed ;), ask questions. Enjoy Kindle Boards.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Laney - Nice to have you here, there are several from PA, y'all need to get together some day.  :-\

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi ya Laney!  Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Laney! I'm from PA, too and have been looking for other members from PA. I live in Lancaster County (southeastern PA). Where are you? I've never seen a Kindle in the wild besides my own and was starting to wonder if I was the only person in PA to own one. Have you seen any?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Bucks County.  I've never seen anyone with one here in PA.  However, I do see them on Amtrak a lot.  My husband takes NJ Transit every day and see's them there also. 

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi--am trying to find my way into this board. Live in the Hershey area...wanting to learn more about Kindle, as I still have my Rocket--although it has died--I really miss owning an e-book reader. Think they are tops!

best wishes---Julietw

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Juliet and Laney, welcome to both of you. Glad to have you here.

Juliet -- I just finished Mozart's Wife a few days ago. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for writing it and making sure it is on the Kindle!

L

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah, Chocolate! Still sometimes in the air, although they are moving production out of town -- probably making Milton Hershey roll over in his grave. I used to have to clean cocoa dust out of the house. It's greasy, sort-of, on the window sills, and dark red. The hot cocoa smell in winter was worth it, though. Think I gained 40 lbs soon after arriving here...  :-[

1 - 16 of 16 Posts