Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Joe, I work in Philadelphia and live in the Philly area.  I've owned a Kindle 1 since April 2008 (I ordered it in February 2008 and suffered through a long wait).  Despite only using my Kindle 10 or 11 months so far, I happily ordered Kindle 2 the first day it was available.  Heck, it'll be fun to have two Kindles around the house.  I'm not one of those people who reads so much that the Kindle saves me money (I read about fifteen to twenty novels a year), but between the books, newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other benefits, the price is worth it to me.  I use it constantly.  Even after my company gave me a a shiny new smartphone at no personal cost, I was only momentarily dazzled by it and soon drifted back to using my Kindle 90% of the time (though the smartphone is still more convenient for looking up movie times, I admit).  It really is the best electronic device out there for long form reading.  Anyway, it was really great to discover this board and I hope to get to know many of you.  By the way, I'm also a Top 500 Amazon reviewer (that and five bucks will get me a short cab ride), and welcome you to check out some of my Amazon reviews and tell me what you think.  My most recent review was of John Sandford's "Sudden Prey" (I'm a big thriller fan), which of course I read on the Kindle.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Joe Paul Jr - we have lots of authors here that probably would LOVE to have you read and review their work.  I have found some are pretty durn good.  We also have an awesome Book Klub going, go over and check 'em out.

Good to have you here.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Joe and a warm welcome to you!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Joe, glad to have you here. We have lots of authors here at KBoards....I am sure many of them would appreciate it if you read their books and gave them a review!

Enjoy...this is a fun and friendly bunch.

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Joe! Always room for another Kindleholic here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts