Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have only been here a couple of times before. I have been watching the Kindle ever since it came out. To be honest I am not so sure I want to give up my "real" books. I could never bring myself to pay for the device, so I waited patiently for it to come down in price. Then we got the wonderful news about K2. So immediately, I believed that I was on the fast lane to getting the Kindle Classic in my hands now! To my dismay I see they have stopped selling it. I have been reading about the K2 and I am ignoring the features I really like and paying attention to what I don't like. I figure that the KC is the most logical way for me to go. It has the expansion card and replaceable battery, not to mention K2 is still a lot of money.

So I start looking at some of the newer KC's people are selling so they can buy a K2. Of course I want at least a 10 month warranty on it because it would be my luck to buy it from someone just a couple of months before it quits working. You know, just long enough to buy a bunch of books that I can't read when it suddenly doesn't turn on one night. Well I have been looking around for about a week, because people were trying to sell them for $300 or more last week. I can't believe people are paying this much for them used. I guess they just may want the Classic version. This week is looking much better. I am still running into two different problems though:

#1- The cheapest ones that I find acceptable are at least $250.
#2- Books are very important to me so I am REALLY picky about the condition of my books.

I don't even like to buy used books unless they are Hardcover and it is my only choice. Don't even get me started about how a lot of people mangle paperback books while reading them. Most people just don't take care of them like I prefer. Needless to say, I don't have a library card either LOL. You are probably wondering "What does this have to do with the Kindle?" Well maybe nothing or maybe a lot. It seems like a good reason to have a Kindle to me. I just don't really know for sure so I had to ask myself some serious questions. Especially after reading the different post about naming them.

Will I find a used one acceptable if I can't stand used books? Can I remember her name? Do I have to worry about what kind of stuff she keeps in memory? Will I be happy knowing she probably curled up in bed and woke up the next morning in someone else's hands? Can I spend enough time with her, or at least more than her Ex? Did I turn the whispernet off so she can't call them when I am not around?

The more I think about it the more I realize that I just can't be worried about all this stuff. So that is when I decided to blindly jump in feet first and clicked Pre-order on Amazon. Now I just have to wait patiently and hope she makes me happy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the board!  I'm also waiting for K2 (don't have a KC).  I think I'll be very happy with K2.  I hope you will be too.  There's lots of info on this board.  It's a great place to learn and pass the time while waiting for K2-Day.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Arkhan and welcome to our obsession! I loved your intro... kept me on the edge of my seat wondering will she do it??  ???

You will be so glad you did and don't worry about all your questions... hanging out here is the best way to find answers! :D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Arkhan - you will love your new gal - promise - and if you don't believe me just keep reading the various threads, I don't think anyone here is not happy with the kindle klassic, or the K2 (which they don't even have yet  ::)  ) so you did the right thing.  I understand, and many others here do to, the treatment of beloved books - but you will find the K1 or K2, which ever you have will be just fine.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. I loved your intro. Wonderful story telling. This is a great group and I know you will love your new Kindle. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello, interesting intro post.  :)  I'm from SC. Hey neighbor!

Welcome to the boards. I think you'll be happy with your kindle and glad you jumped in and bought one. Everyone here is really nice so if you have any questions or just want to rant about how many days are left until you get it, we're here for you.  ;D

·
Registered
552 Posts
And here's a hello to you from Myrtle Beach, SC! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts