Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I joined the boards a few days ago and made a couple posts - the beautiful skins and Oberon cover posts enticed me to get my own - so just wanted to say hello and officially introduce myself. I'm in Richmond VA, go to VCU, and am an art history major.

Actually, my Kindle still hasn't arrived. Cursed holiday weekend throwing the mail off, I'm sure! I do, however, have my purple Borsa Bella travel bag and my custom made skin sitting on my desk, waiting for the main event. :p I'll have to post photos when it's all together.

Anyway, hello!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome!  :D

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.  I hope your Kindle doesn't take TOO long to arrive!

Oh, and be nice to the UPS delivery guy.  They've barely recovered from all of us hounding them in February...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome!

Such a shame having to wait over the long holiday weekend - it would have been the perfect time to get acquainted with your new Kindle.  I'm in Lynchburg & the weather was perfect yesterday for sitting on the deck reading.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi everyone! :D

Actually, my dad placed the order Tuesday afternoon earlier this week (it's my early birthday present since I'm flying up to Ohio this coming weekend and then will be out of the country for over a month in June), and we both thought it'd arrive by yesterday. I'm visiting him today and we checked the status of his order and it hasn't even shipped yet! Scheduled to ship on this coming Tuesday. Grrrrrrr. So I don't know if I'll even get it before I leave this Friday.

I'm getting impatient! :p haha

I unfortunately can't make it to the NOVA meetup...already scheduled to come into work, but I'll keep my eye out for future meetings. Thanks!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and welcome, Cloudy! Glad you found KindleBoards!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
nice to have you here cloudy - so you are on kindlewatch?  They seem to come faster than you think they will, hope yours will get there in time.  Let us know when it gets there!  As far as the meeting I think some are already planning another one so maybe you will make that one.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Greetings from Scotland Folks I am working over here for a while and a bit ...just got my Kindale from my wife shes at home in Texas I am over here in the oil field makin Texas known...its sad that so many folks here do not know that much about Texas the other country in America itself...I purchased my first  three books early this pm and am gonna hit it again in the am.I really am likin my Kindale so far .I love the Oberon(sp) covers,got to get one as soon as I can budget it in...I see that a lot of autors have samples of there books available  and I am gonna break my bank if I am not careful...so far it fills like everbody on here is really a Texan at heart  and I would like to say wecome to all who come on board after me and those that have already steered me in the right direction ... Peace out!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello again cloudyvisions. Good to see you here!

vikingwarrior22 said:
Greetings from Scotland Folks I am working over here for a while and a bit ...just got my Kindale from my wife shes at home in Texas I am over here in the oil field makin Texas known...its sad that so many folks here do not know that much about Texas the other country in America itself...I purchased my first three books early this pm and am gonna hit it again in the am.I really am likin my Kindale so far .I love the Oberon(sp) covers,got to get one as soon as I can budget it in...I see that a lot of autors have samples of there books available and I am gonna break my bank if I am not careful...so far it fills like everbody on here is really a Texan at heart and I would like to say wecome to all who come on board after me and those that have already steered me in the right direction ... Peace out!
Hello vikingwarrior22! Wish my oilfield hubby could go someplace exciting so I could go with him!! We are from Texas, too. Glad you are enjoying your Kindle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anju No. 469 said:
nice to have you here cloudy - so you are on kindlewatch? They seem to come faster than you think they will, hope yours will get there in time. Let us know when it gets there! As far as the meeting I think some are already planning another one so maybe you will make that one.
Yes, I sure am! My dad changed the shipping to 1 day shipping, so hopefully it'll be here Wednesday. :p

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hello and welcome to the boards :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts