Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, is there a ton of info on these boards. My novel, The Emperor of Glitter Gulch, went up on the Kindle site about three weeks ago. While emailing back and forth with another author about getting the word out about my book, she suggested the kindleboards. The amount of info on here is kind of intimidating, but I'm looking forward to sifting through some of it.

The Emperor of Glitter Gulch is a humourous (there's the Canadian in me) thriller. I recently received my first review by a book blogger over at The Man Eating Bookworm. It was a relief to get a positive review as I could never be sure how good the book was when only family and friends had read it and told me they loved it (although my wife was justifiably disturbed that she had married someone who had written such a novel). The review is here: http://themaneatingbookworm.blogspot.com/2011/05/emperor-of-glitter-gultch-by-roy-finch.html

I'm looking forward to learning from all my fellow authors on the site and hopefully hearing from readers as they read my book.

Cheers,

Roy

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi Roy, welcome to the forums. Everyone here is really nice and friendly. So you picked a good place to come, lol. I hope you are having a really nice day!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!  It does seem like a friendly place.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hello, Roy, and welcome aboard.  Always nice to welcome a fellow Canuck.  Wishing you every success with your book.

Dan --

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB

Lots of friendly folks here at the read to offer advice and encouragement to a humorous Canadian !

Good Luck with your projects.............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the welcomes.  I seem to get lost everytime I start going through the forums.  So much information.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Roy!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards! We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet? That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of Kindleboards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Your guide to Forum Speak! linked from Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. Need help setting up your signature line or avatar? This will be just what you need: Creating Signatures - An Updated tutorial.
Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi, from a fellow Canadian, also an author. I write suspense novels.  Love your title, Roy.  Made me smile.
:D
Wishing you great success.

Joan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts