Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from South Carolina.  I ordered my Kindle the evening of the Oprah show, October 24, 2008 and received the Kindle in four days.  Love it.  The only problem is that wife and I bought it for each other for Christmas but now that is here, she claims it as her own.  I usually have to ask her permission or if she is going to read this afternoon/evening before I can get my hands on it.  When describing it to friends, she insists it is hers.  Bought a Decalgirl skin for it and it fits ok...just ok.  Haven't had much time to read recently since our two female Shih Tzu's had puppies 4 weeks ago.  They sure are cute but lots of work.

May have to buy Kindle 2 when it becomes available.  May wait to read reviews and I may have to buy a Kindle 1, instead.  Oh well.  Thanks for having this Board.  I have been lurking and reading since it started.  Enjoy.

Al Tompkins

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Welcome Al. . . .if you read around the boards here you'll find out that most folks who bought one thinking they could 'share' with a spouse or other family member, very quickly learned that wasn't going to be a viable option. . . .

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Al, welcome! Glad to have you here. I predict another Kindle in your future very soon. Keep us posted on which version you choose!

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Al and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach :)

I

·
0 Posts
Kindles are like tooth brushes and underware, they weren't made for sharing.  You all will be happier as a multi-Kindle family.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Al - Great news to have you here - and congrats on the puppies.  Be sure and post some pictures on the pet thread in "not quite kindle"  ;D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Al! 

Having been friends with Yorkie breeders years ago, I know exactly how busy you are with two litters or puppies at once!  How many pups were in each litter?

Happy kindling, when you can get it away from your wife :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome to: from SC; from sjc.  Enjoy.  My friend Becky has 4 Yorkies (1 male 3 female) and 1 mini Chiuaua (sp).  I don't know how she does it...and they are all groomed to perfection.  My sis in law has a male Yorkie that is lucky to see a brush once a week.  I want to take him home with me and brush him like he deserves to be...with TLC.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Al -

Glad you found your way here  :)  This is a great place to find out about everything Kindle.  In another few hours you will be able to have all kinds of choices -- K1 or K1, etc.

I, too, would love to see some pictures in the Pet thread of your dogs and the new puppies!

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Al... welcome to KindleBoards! If my hubby was a reader, we would HAVE to have two Kindles! No way could we share one! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts