Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All --

Introducing myself from San Francisco.  10 month Kindle owner, loving every minute of it.  I bought the Kindle so I wouldn't be lugging books with me on trips, and this weekend we leave for a Caribbean cruise for a week -- and only reading material I'm bringing is my Kindle (well a couple magazines, but they won't last the plane ride to FL).

Love all the info on the site!  Too bad it took me a holiday week to find it.  :-[

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hello stomsf.  Welcome to KindleBoards.  Your Kindle is a perfect Cruise Accessory. Happy Reading.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard StomSF,

Wish I was going with you, I'm only going to Placerville (Hangtown) for my vacation.

Nice to meet you,

--sailor

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome StomSF, glad to have you here...

This is a friendly bunch and full of info. You'll learn lots, I am sure.

Have a great cruise!

L

·
Registered
869 Posts
stomsf said:
Hi All --

Introducing myself from San Francisco. 10 month Kindle owner, loving every minute of it. I bought the Kindle so I wouldn't be lugging books with me on trips, and this weekend we leave for a Caribbean cruise for a week -- and only reading material I'm bringing is my Kindle (well a couple magazines, but they won't last the plane ride to FL).

Love all the info on the site! Too bad it took me a holiday week to find it. :-[
Stomsf,

Welcome aboard, again! I responded to your post on the Stylz cover ;D

Hey, in late February I'm going on a Caribbean cruise that leaves from FL, like you. I'm curious to know what cruise line you are using and what your stops are. I will be going on the Norwegian Dawn.

Have a great Thanksgiving & vacation cruise,

Marci

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
stomsf said:
Hi All --

Introducing myself from San Francisco. 10 month Kindle owner, loving every minute of it. I bought the Kindle so I wouldn't be lugging books with me on trips, and this weekend we leave for a Caribbean cruise for a week -- and only reading material I'm bringing is my Kindle (well a couple magazines, but they won't last the plane ride to FL).

Love all the info on the site! Too bad it took me a holiday week to find it. :-[
So what books did you put on your Kindle for the cruise.

Betsy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All and thanks for the warm welcomes!

As for books downloaded for the cruise?  I'm finishing the Pullman Golden Compass Trilogy (The Amber Spyglass) now.  I'm a huge Childs/Preston fan so I have their latest, "The Wheel of Darkness."  Also a big Matthew Reilly fan so I have "The 6 Sacred Stones."  And to keep up with the latest phenom, I thought I'd check out "Twilight."  Given "Twilight" and the Pullman books, you wouldn't think I was turning 40 next week!  :-[

I look forward to catching up on my return -- no internet on the ship, it's too expensive!  :D  But we're very excited, the Celebrity Solstice will be on her second voyage when we board -- there's nothing like an (almost) brand new ship!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the boards! I'm pretty much brand new myself, but loving the atmosphere around here.

I've read the Twilight books, based on recommendations from friends and really enjoyed them. She ties up the story really, really well in the 4th book. Be ready to become addicted and read until the wee hours, tho. ;)

Have a great cruise!

I

·
0 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, almost new is better than both "brand new" (bugs not worked out) and "used".

;D
Really looked at what happened to the Titanic. On the plus side, I don't think there are too many ice burgs that far south.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Hey!  Finally a bunch of books mentioned I've actually heard of.  (O.K. I'm not really that out of it . . . .)

Amber Spyglass:  I read the Golden Compass.  Thought, eh, whatever.  No desire to read any others.

Wheel of Darkness:  reading now on Kindle; purchased in the summer when I first got my K.  Really like the Agent Pendergrast stuff. . . .I have to slow down to read, though, or I miss important details.

Have also been looking at Matthew Reilly, pretty sure I've read at least one of his but can't remember which.  Will have to figure it out and make meself a little list.

Downloaded a "Twilight" sample yesterday.  Probably will NOT read the whole thing, but I was showing my niece -- generally not much of a reader but is into the Twilight world -- how easy it is to get a book.  Her mother was amazed at the price compared to the paper books they've bought.

Ann
(BTW, Enjoy the cruise!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts