Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Tippy and I am from western South Dakota.  I first heard about the Amazon Kindle from Oprah.  Normally I am not into a lot of electronic gadgets -- no Ipod, wii, and so on.  But I could not get Kindle out of my mind.  Then my daughter called and asked me if I had heard about the Amazon Kindle and WHEN was I going to get it.  Well, I ordered mine the next day!!!!  I am so pleased with my Kindle.  I see a lot of people have named their Kindles -- I have not picked a name for my yet.   

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to our little "Kindlehood".
Aren't Kindles just the best thing since sliced bread.
I have named mine Bella after a character in the first book I read on her.
Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

P.S. My nephew lives in S. Dakota finishing up his Masters degree. Keep warm I'm sure that it's cold up there.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Tippy we are happy you joined us. My Kindle's name is Leisel, there is a neat thread on kindle names and how we arrived at the name. Visit The Book Corner, there are freebies in Free books (I got 8 yesterday) :), we have bookclubs starting in Jan., bargain books. Make yourself at home here and feel free to ask questions. Welcome!
Linda

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Tippy!

Don't feel badly.  I haven't come up with a name for my Kindle either. ::)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
tippy said:
Hi, my name is Tippy and I am from western South Dakota. I first heard about the Amazon Kindle from Oprah. Normally I am not into a lot of electronic gadgets -- no Ipod, wii, and so on. But I could not get Kindle out of my mind. Then my daughter called and asked me if I had heard about the Amazon Kindle and WHEN was I going to get it. Well, I ordered mine the next day!!!! I am so pleased with my Kindle. I see a lot of people have named their Kindles -- I have not picked a name for my yet.
Tippy--

Welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your Kindle! Don't worry, your Kindle will reveal its name when the time is right!

Be sure to check the Book Corner, Accessories, and of course Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting to learn how to get the best out of your Kindle!

Betsy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts