Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I experienced my first lock-up and in looking for info on how to unfreeze my Kindle 1 (I am grasping at understanding the logic of having the user's manual on the device when I can't get the device to respond to my desperate wheeling and clicking!!) and found the fix here on KindleBoards and decided to hop on in.

I am located in the Philadelphia Suburbs.

Like most Kindle Owners (Kindlers?) I read voraciously, and the Kindle has already helped by keeping down the rapid expansion of my bookpile. The conversations usually sparked by bookcovers at work ("Whatcha reading? Is it any good?") have been replaced by "What the heck is that thing??"

The Kindle is not my first e-reading device, I have an expensive paperweight in my sock drawer (RCA/Gemstar eBook with the firmware upgrade :p), which kept me from buying a Kindle for several months, because I feared a repeat. It looks like the format is taking a firmer foothold with the amazon.com distribution system behind it, though.

I have had my Kindle since December 2008. I think I was in the last batch that shipped before selling out.

I can probably resist your Accessory Enablers™, but the lure of the Kindle 2 is strong ... although I really like the shape and feel of the Kindle 1. The Kindle 2 is so thin it makes me nervous. I've had my briefcase tripped over at work and it doesn't look like it would withstand that kind of abuse. 

I look forward to getting to know folks, and finding out more cool things to do.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Welcome Stormhawk!

Congratulations on your Kindle!  I also have a Kindle 1 (or Klassic) and love it!  A good cover, like an Oberon or M-Edge would help protect your K when your briefcase gets knocked over.  ;D

Be sure to check out the Book Corner with all the book recommendations!

Welcome again!

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
stormhawk said:
I can probably resist your Accessory Enablers™
Uh-oh... they're going to take that as a personal challenge.

Hi, and welcome!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Susan in VA said:
Uh-oh... they're going to take that as a personal challenge.

Hi, and welcome!
Yeah, little did I know Oberon Designs made a Kindle1 cover in their Tree of Life design, which is my favorite.

I shouldn't have bragged.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
stormhawk said:
Yeah, little did I know Oberon Designs made a Kindle1 cover in their Tree of Life design, which is my favorite.

I shouldn't have bragged.
;D Well that didn't take long...

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Welcome, Stormhawk.  I have the original Kindle too. Bought it end of October.  Coming up to our 6-month anniversary.  Lasts longer than some of my past relationships!

I'm resisting the K2, but I will reconsider when the next version comes out -- perhaps in 2010?  The K2 is so cool looking, but I like being able to store books on SD card(s) and my K1 is still in perfect condition.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Stormhawk!I know you said you weren't interested in Accessories, but there's the link anyway. Who knows, you might see a Skin that would make that Oberon cover look even better. You also might need a bag to keep everything together... Well enough of that, be sure and go to The Book Corner, where you will find Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting Will have a lot of info dealing with your Klassic Kindle, but if you have any question, ask away, someone here will know the answer or at least where to find it. Hope you continue to enjoy your KK and KindleBoards.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome, Stormhawk! I lived for 30 years in the western Philadelphia suburbs, in Wayne. Moved in 2004 back to south Florida...

We Kindlers are everywhere!<G>

Sharyn

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Stormhawk - I notice no one answered your question on how to unfreeze your kindle.  I am not that good at how to "fix" things but you might try a reset, or even a hard reset if that does not work.  Go to the Tips, thread and there will be detailed instructions on how to do it.

Nice to have you here. I had been playing with a K2 earlier today but think I still prefer my K1.  Changing pages was a trip though  :mad:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Stormhawk!! I'm sure you'll enjoy our family and we're a pretty good resource too!! ;D
jp

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anju No. 469 said:
Hi Stormhawk - I notice no one answered your question on how to unfreeze your kindle. I am not that good at how to "fix" things but you might try a reset, or even a hard reset if that does not work.
I found the instructions for how to do a reset here, and I'm back in business. I read a couple of threads and decided to hop on in because you all seemed like a nice bunch of folks.

OH, and thank you Accessory Enablers, I've fallen prey to you. Frankly, it's not hard to get someone willing to drop $350 on the Kindle to buy something else impulsively!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Stormhawk!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts