Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kelly, and I live in Surprise, AZ.  I'm a transplant (as most people around Phoenix seem to be) from Rochester, NY.

I've been reading my whole life, and very fast!  No one believes how fast I read...even as a young girl, I would bring home stacks of books from the library each week, and read every single one of them.  Most people think I'm lucky...but as I suspect more people than average will understand (since this IS the Kindleboards!), it just means that I run out of books to read that fast as well.

I am married, and have 2 little kids (pre-reading, although they love to have books read to them!)  My husband understands how the Kindle is an investment for me, and although he would never get one (he's a very slow reader...but definitely is an intelligent person!), he supports getting one, and even went with me when I wanted to see one demo'ed (well, someone had to watch the kids!).  As far as the kids...well...I don't even want them to know I have one, so they won't touch and drop it...although the text-to-speech would be a nice touch for a kids' book for them.

I work in records management, and I have a Master in Library Science from Syracuse University.  A Kindle would have been useful during my Adult Fiction course, I think!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Kelly - we are delighted to have you here, this is a warm and friendly bunch, crazy but fun-loving.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Kelly! Great introduction. Reading is what the Kindle and KindleBoards are all about. Being able to carry a library around with you means never running out of something to read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts