Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've had my Kindle since March 08.  Was one that waited the 6 -7 weeks for it to arrive.  I am an obsessive reader, with over 500 books in my TBR stacks in my home.  Trying to read through those, all the while adding new books, classics (love MobileReference books) and newly discovered authors to my kindle.  I travel some on business, so my kindle has taken a huge weight off my shoulders (literally) as I no longer have to pack 4-5 HB in my briefcase and suitcase. 

My favorite reads are mostly mystery/thriller and then historical fiction set in 1300's to 1800's.  Thanks to the developers of this kindle site.  I've been lurking since last November, bought several of the bargain books and my kindle has an Oberon Tree of Life cover w/corners.  I also have a red Medge (older version) and a strangedog cover.  Like my Oberon best. 

gail

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thanks for joining.  Glad you've been able to find some new books.  I too love this site best for that reason.  My habit is to visit the good morning thread, then the bargain book threads. 
Glad you're here.
debbie

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome ladyvolz! So glad you are here, I remember you from Amazon. I also like mystery/thriller and got some good reads from the great lists you always provide. I think you will like it here, we are a diverse group and share a passion for reading and Kindling.

Be sure and check out book klubs in The Book Corner! We have a great thriller coming up, Deadly Vision led by the author Rick Reed. You would like his books if you haven't tried them yet.

This one is a page turner for sure! Glad you joined us Gail and feel free to ask questions. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and  Welcome! Enjoy yourself here on the boards.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Ladyvolz - nice to have you here.  I can relate to the stacks of dtb to read, but I am mixing them in between  my kindle books.

Have you checked out the Book Corner - we have a book club on The Outlander - never too late to chime in.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome Gail! So glad to have you here. Like you, I ordered my Kindle back in the spring of '08. Waited about a month for it to arrive. It's been so much fun getting to know other Kindle owners and share reading recommendations and our love of accessories!

L

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Gail!

I was going to ask if you are a Lady Vols fan due to your board name but BJ beat me to to it, and much more eloquently.

Bacardi Jim said:
Yes, the Kindle is obviously the SUMMIT of e-reading. By now, I guess you have its operation down PAT.
Please share (post) some of your favorite books in our Book Corner - there a many historical fiction fans here. The more the merrier :D

Marci

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marci said:
Hi, Gail!

I was going to ask if you are a Lady Vols fan due to your board name but BJ beat me to to it, and much more eloquently.

Please share (post) some of your favorite books in our Book Corner - there a many historical fiction fans here. The more the merrier :D

Marci
Yes he was quite elequent and subtle too.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi Gail,

So happy to see another vols fan on the site.  I have been a fan for years born in Chattanooga, air force brat been all over but once I was on east coast i hardly ever missed the SEC tourney. I was there in Cleveland when they won in 2007, stuck in Hawaii when they won in 2008. I leave for Hong Kong ont he 8th would really loe to see them in St Louis April 5th and 7th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts