Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just thought I would introduce myself. After thinking about getting a Kindle for six months, I finally took the plunge and ordered one, although it'll be some time before it arrives in mid-late February. It's something to look forward to, of course. In the meantime, I'll keep clicking on samples of books, ready to d/l when the time comes...there's just something so neat about that: reading a sample before buying the entire thing! Not to mention oodles of free books and classics. ;D

I've hung around this site for a few days now--long enough to start drooling over Oberon covers. LOL And I've even started thinking of names for my Kindle: Birch sounds good (my favorite tree). I can see that this place is friendly and informative, for sure, and a tad enabling (as any specialty forum should be LOL).

Lisa

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
paisley said:
Hi everyone! I just thought I would introduce myself. After thinking about getting a Kindle for six months, I finally took the plunge and ordered one, although it'll be some time before it arrives in mid-late February. It's something to look forward to, of course. In the meantime, I'll keep clicking on samples of books, ready to d/l when the time comes...there's just something so neat about that: reading a sample before buying the entire thing! Not to mention oodles of free books and classics. ;D

I've hung around this site for a few days now--long enough to start drooling over Oberon covers. LOL And I've even started thinking of names for my Kindle: Birch sounds good (my favorite tree). I can see that this place is friendly and informative, for sure, and a tad enabling (as any specialty forum should be LOL).

Lisa
Paisley, welcome! You sound like you'll fit right in. Love the name! Keep us posted on Birch's arrival.

Enablers? Us? Naaaaah....

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
paisley said:

Lisa
Lisa, where in the DC area are you? We've got several Virginians and at least a couple of Marylanders?

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the pod ..er forum. You will be happy here or else. Everyone here is very mind controled friendly. Beware Love your Kindle, it will possess you love you to. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Betsy the Quilter said:
Lisa, where in the DC area are you? We've got several Virginians and at least a couple of Marylanders?

Betsy
I'm in Southern Maryland now: La Plata. I grew up in Bethesda and have lived in one DC suburb or another all my life. I lived in Arlington for a while, which was super nice--I could walk to the Metro back then.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindles, Lisa! We're just a bit north of you in the Annapolis area.

I just joined yesterday myself, at the request of hubby KreelanWarrior. This is a good place to hang out. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
731 Posts
paisley said:
I'm in Southern Maryland now: La Plata. I grew up in Bethesda and have lived in one DC suburb or another all my life. I lived in Arlington for a while, which was super nice--I could walk to the Metro back then.

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! :)
Hi Paisley!

Sorry about that wait. There are others around who will commiserate with you. I'm another Marylander; live in Germantown but I grew up in Falls Church City. Welcome to Kindleboards 8)

Scott

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Lisa and welcome to our obsession!! We are all happy to have you here and promise to keep you company while waiting for your Kindle to arrive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts