Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!  My friend recommended this board to me after she found out I had a kindle 2, which I adore!!

My name is Jo & I've got a wonderful husband (had him for over 20 years now!) and four amazing kids.  Our oldest is a newlywed young woman, then the three we have at home are two teenage boys (17 and 15) and our baby a 12 yo girl.  I'm a Christian with a wonderful church family here in our teeny tiny town. 

I have a chronic pain condition so that my wonderful habit of reading has become even more of a solace.  My fantastic husband got me a kindle 2 to make it easier for me to read (easier to hold the kindle than a book) and it has been awesome!  I can really lose myself in a book & not even notice the pain.  OK, well, almost not notice!  ;)  I LOVE sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, romance and non-gory horror (like Koontz).  I hope to share authors & books I love with others.  I find an author I like & read everything they ever wrote, then I have to find a new author unless one of my favorites has something new out.  Some of my favorites are Mercedes Lackey (another Okie!), Karen Moning, Robert Jordan (wheel of time series), Jim Butcher, Steven Brust, Patricia Briggs, Andre Norton, Asimov, Piers Anthony, Dean Koontz, Catherine Coultier, Nora Roberts/ J.D. Robb, Julie Garwood, & many many others!

Hope to get to know all of you!
HUGS!
jo

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome! Be sure to check out the Book Corner--plenty of suggestions to meet your reading needs.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome.  :)What city in Oklahoma? My Mother grew up in Vinita, OK which is pretty small. Glad that you are enjoying your Kindle. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. Hope that you can get some relief from the pain.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jo - glad you found the kindle, we have several others here with physical problems while reading and the kindle has been a boon to them.  We are glad you found us and you will find this a warm and friendly place, a little crazy at times, but we are all pretty nice.  Just watch the dreaded "enablers"  :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Jo!!!!  So glad to see you here!  You and I have some fave authors in common...I love Dean Koontz and Nora Roberts too!  In fact, I bought the latest Koontz book before I got my Kindle.  Can I tell you how hard it is for me NOT to order it from the Kindle store??!!  Crazy!  But I'm spoiled by my K2 now and it's so hard to read a "regular" book!!

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!!!  What a warm welcome!  I really appreciate it.  I've already found how to get a TON of free books, which really helps since I've about blown my budget on, ummm, "non-free" books! ;) 

I'm in the sw corner of OK, in a town of around 800 called Tipton.  It is a wonderful place to live & raise kids.  I love it here. 

& I'm loving this site!  Thanks for all the links!  I'm afraid I'm my worst enabler, I don't need much help! lol!

Thank you ALL again, very much!  I can see I'll make new friends here easily! 

"HisTrue"- thanks again, babe!  This is perfect!!  (((((((((HUGS)))))))))!!

jo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the boards.  I too am a Nora Roberts/JD Robb fan and I also enjoy Julie Garwood.  I'm not familiar with a couple of the authors you mentioned but I will definately have to check them out.  :)  I'm always looking for new stuff to read.  I'm sure you will really enjoy yourself here everyone is awesome.  I completely understand about blowing your budget that whispernet makes it so easy.  ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts