Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post was over on the Accessories Forum to "Show off your Kindle skins!!" Betsy informed me of the Introductions & Welcome Threads so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am a Native Floridian and love to travel.

I must be slow because I had never heard of a Kindle until a few months ago. While doing research on one of the travel boards for a upcoming trip to Europe someone posted about downloading travel books to her Kindle...Hello I loved the idea, after reading the information over on Amazon the fact that I could also download as many books as I wanted to take with me was even better. My travel plans, reservations, complete itinerary could/can be kept right on a Kindle. Amazon was only taking orders for the Kindle 2 when I first checked so I thought it best to wait until the new unit was released.

A few weeks ago I found the Kindle Boards and while I thought I knew about the Kindle the information here was great...then I found the Accessories Forum. The first thing I learned was you can't have a naked Kindle so I wanted to make sure she had at least one nice outfit to have when she arrives. While waiting on my Decal Girl Skin (Van Gogh-Irises) to be delivered the Enablers here on the KB kept talking about an Oberon Cover.

I knew that having a naked Kindle wasn't going to be a problem, having the skin made sure of that. Yet I fell in love with the ROH in purple so I ordered it and the small journal Pond in fern. (the little frog was so cute)

I could no longer wait...within a few hours of my Oberon arriving I ordered my Kindle 2, so much for the budget.

The Enablers here convinced me I NEEDED these items and I didn't even own a Kindle yet.

I opted for the free shipping so Precious (my Kindle's name) should arrive next Wednesday.

I'm on Betsy's 12-step program only backwards...which is normal for me.

Becki

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Becki!

Of course accessories were first before you introduced yourself. ::)

Nice to have you here.

Waving at you from Sunny California,

-sailor

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Becki!  Welcome!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have another Floridian on the board. I'm from the Fort Lauderdale area. The accessories will get you every time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[size=20pt]Thanks for the Welcome.

While waiting on my Kindle to arrive, I have just been shopping for more Accessories.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Becki, glad you found Kindleboards!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Becki - careful or you will become an "ENABLER" -
Be sure and let us know how Precious enjoyed her trip  ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Becki!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Becki said:
OMG>>>>

Precious arrived two days early....she's charging for the very first time.

Well that's the last we'll hear from Becki for awhile ::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts