Kindle Forum banner

Hello from the U.K

1K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  joanhallhovey 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am Simon Chambers. I am from the U.K and I am new to the site. My son recommended coming here and I have lurked for a while, but have decided to sign up and join in. I am a big reader and have my first book coming out on the 20th of June, which is very exciting. It is about my second tour in Iraq.

Simon

#11 ·
Welcome, Simon! Best of luck with your book!

#16 ·
Simon,

Thank you for your service, not once, but twice! You and all your brothers and sisters in uniform keep America safe! Thank you.

How do most soldiers in Iraq get books to read? Did you read a lot over there I guess should be my first question? Do many download digital books?

Much success on your book. I will read it for sure.

My respect to you Sir.

Mike Cyra

#18 ·
Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate all the nice welcomes.

How do most soldiers in Iraq get books to read? Did you read a lot over there I guess should be my first question? Do many download digital books?
The welfare centre in the camps are a great place to pick up books, but some of the camps have a larger selection of books. Some of the camps had good internet connections where you could download books, but others had poor connection or limited access to the internet. It depended on where you were posted. Alot of the time I swapped books, but some publishers send out books to the camps. There wasn't a great deal to do on the down time and reading helped pass the time of day. It would be nice if I could one day send out books to some of my friends that are still serving out in the middle east, as the publishers did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.