Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago, Chi-town, the Windy City, whatever you want to call it!  I just became a member today. I also bought my first Oberon Kindle cover today!!  ;D  And I blame it all on Kindle boards for making me totally obsessed over them.  I can't wait for it to arrive!  By the way, I'm loving my new Kindle 2.  Would love to meet fellow readers!  Any good books to recommend?!  Cheers!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Elena, from a another Illinoisan'
jp

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome Elena! one of my best friends (my ex-wife) was born and raised in Chicago! It's a great city!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!  Chicago is a great town.  Culture, music, art, food... lots of food! Ha ha! And a big beautiful lake.  I can't wait to sit by the lakeside and read this summer, that will definitely help me get away from the computer! ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hello Elena and welcome to the board.  A good friend of mine lives in Chicago, which reminds me, I should call him, its been a while :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Lived there 3 years and it was windy.  ;D Welcome to KB and enjoy your new cover. They are so beautiful.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Elena - Seems like a lot of folks here know someone or have been in Chicago - I was in the airport once  :D
A good friend of mine here is from Chicago, actually both husband and wife.  Nice to have you here, and be sure to let us what you recommend on reading.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from the neighboring state of MO! As people have said, there are tons of great book recommendations in the Book Corner. :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome Elena, some of my favorite music artists are from the Windy City!!  8)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Elena and welcome! I have never been to Chicago, but would love to visit there one day. I am beginning to think that we must be getting your wind in Texas right now!! The past few weeks have been the windiest I have ever experienced in East Texas!! Hope you are enjoying KB!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts