Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've had my Kindle since June and talked my mother into getting one just in time (she ordered the morning of the Oprah discount and received it in three days; in fact, received two and sent one back - little did we know they'd be "selling" for $800 a few weeks later), although too late to get the big $100 discount some enjoyed. At an appt. today, the first thing the person noticed when he arrived was that I was reading on a Kindle and said he wanted one for christmas. I don't think he believed me when I said it was really "too late" (by the time I left, he'd found one for $479 on ebay, with all the others at over $750).

But, I have mine and it's loaded down - hundreds of books, many free (ok, most of them) and some re-downloads of those I've purchased in one format or another for the last decade, with a second SD card just for audiobooks.

Karen

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Karen and welcome to the boards. Feel free to check out the many topics or start your own. We are a friendly bunch here!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Karen, welcome! Glad to have you here and glad your mom got her Kindle before the big sell-out!

L

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome! And hello from the ATL (or a suburb thereof).

This is the greatest little community -- way better than the Amazon Kindle forum. You'll love it here.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Karen, so happy you joined us. Most of us started at Amazon and found our way over here. We have so much fun, I think you will like it here. Be sure to go to The Book Corner and read about our bookclubs starting in Jan. Welcome! :)

Linda

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
koland said:
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've had my Kindle since June and talked my mother into getting one just in time (she ordered the morning of the Oprah discount and received it in three days; in fact, received two and sent one back - little did we know they'd be "selling" for $800 a few weeks later), although too late to get the big $100 discount some enjoyed. At an appt. today, the first thing the person noticed when he arrived was that I was reading on a Kindle and said he wanted one for christmas. I don't think he believed me when I said it was really "too late" (by the time I left, he'd found one for $479 on ebay, with all the others at over $750).

But, I have mine and it's loaded down - hundreds of books, many free (ok, most of them) and some re-downloads of those I've purchased in one format or another for the last decade, with a second SD card just for audiobooks.

Karen
Welcome, Karen! I think you'll have a good time here. Congratulations on being a long term Kindler!

Betsy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts