Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Kindle Lovers!

I joined quite a while ago but never got around to posting. I bought a Kindle 3 back in February and it has changed my life! :) I read ten times faster, it seems, and have access to writing that I never had before. I'm also a newly published author on Amazon because of the Kindle, and so happy.
I was born and raised in Hawaii, where I now live in Kona. I have two degrees, an MS in Higher Education Administration, and a BA in English. I loved being an English major- it really taught me a lot. My most favorite time periods are the medieval and renaissance eras. If you know of a good historical fiction novel set in that general era, let me know because I'd love to check it out.

Glad to be here!

Violet Yates

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Yes, a lot from college has stuck with me, but my memory's getting bad and I'm only 38. lol. Can't wait til I'm 60, I won't remember a thing!
Most of what I recall is how to think critically and of course all the great writing (and why they were great, usually).

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Violet,
Nice to meet you and welcome to the Boards. I'm afraid I don't write in the time frames you mention. I write contemporary dark crime and historical family sagas, but they are based in the 1830s. Forgot to say I'm from Scotland, and agree that since getting my Kindle I seem to read more, whether that equates with faster is less certain.
Chris L.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hello, Violet! If you haven't read Juliet Marillier, you might check her out. Her Sevenwaters Series is excellent, based loosely on fairy tales, but quite amazing. I'm a great fan of hers.
Best success to you in your publishing!
Bailey Bristol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bailey Bristol said:
Hello, Violet! If you haven't read Juliet Marillier, you might check her out. Her Sevenwaters Series is excellent, based loosely on fairy tales, but quite amazing. I'm a great fan of hers.
Best success to you in your publishing!
Bailey Bristol
Hi Bailey,

Cool, I'll check them out soon. Thank you!

Violet

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.