Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Sue and I live in Va Beach (Sounds like an AA meeting).
I ordered my Kindle in Dec, and received my K2 with the new release in Feb. 09.
I found this site thru a person on another message board (Scrapshare).
I am loving all the accessories that I have been seeing on this board (thanks alot you guys!!).
I have been controlling myself and have only ordered a kindle travel bag from Borsa Bella.  I also have a kindle cover from amazon.
I like the Oberon covers but prefer using the Kindle hinge, so I haven't ordered on ....yet.

I am married (30 yrs next month).  I have 3 children, a dog, a cat and a hamster.
I am a nurs and work flexi hrs.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi, Sue!  Welcome to Kindleboards!

We have some similar experiences:
I will celebrate my 30 yr anniversary in Sept.  
We have 2 kids, a cat, and a gecko (technically belongs to my son.)
I live in Lynchburg, VA, but my daughter currently lives in VA Beach.

I got my Kindle with the release in February.

And I am addicted to the accessories board....

Everyone here will make you feel right at home.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Sue from another nurse, we have several here at KB. I lived in VA BCH for two years prior to hubby retiring from the Navy. Glad you are here, make yourself at home.  :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi Sue! Welcome to KB. M-Edge also makes a Kindle 2 cover with hinges called the Prodigy. Some people have also bought Oberon journal covers and slipped their Amazon hinge cases inside. Check out the accessories board for more info  ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Sue - another nurse - that's pretty cool, we can't get sick on the KBs without some in-house assistance.  Be sure and post some pictures in the "not quite kindle" thread in the what kind of pets do we have.  We all love pets here, don't recall anyone saying poo on pets  :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  (Boy did I have alot of typos in that post).
It's too late.... I already found the accessories threads before posting to this one.
I have been using some self control though.  I'll just keep using my amazon cover and Borsa Bella travel bag until I decide to splurge on a better cover.  Too many choices.  I did buy some bargain books the other night, then sat down to read and my Kindle needed to be charged!!!.  I do find this message board addicting along with Scrapshare, so I never get anything done.  Must walk away from the computer!! :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Sue.. I am from VA too... Va Beach is about 2 hours from me.. I live on the other side of Richmond  :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
shk246 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. (Boy did I have alot of typos in that post).
It's too late.... I already found the accessories threads before posting to this one.
I have been using some self control though. I'll just keep using my amazon cover and Borsa Bella travel bag until I decide to splurge on a better cover. Too many choices. I did buy some bargain books the other night, then sat down to read and my Kindle needed to be charged!!!. I do find this message board addicting along with Scrapshare, so I never get anything done. Must walk away from the computer!! :D
Welcome. The accessory threads can get you into to trouble, but they are a lot of fun. Glad to have you here.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  Glad you found us.
deb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts