Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say "Hello".  I have been a Kindle owner since early August.  I spend most of my time either reading my Kindle or reading various Kindle boards about my Kindle.  I look forward to reading about other happy Kindlers.  I had no idea it would become such a part of my life.  I am glad there are others who feel the same way.

Judy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Judy,

You've come to the right place to learn everything about your Kindle.
Be sure to read about the tips, and tricks for the Kindle. Also how to
accessorize it if your interested. There are lots of tips on books to read
and people's views of them...and no one is shy to give their opinion ;)

Nice to meet you, waving to you from Central California,

--sailor

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome Welcome and enjoy.  This board is so fun and interesting that it is cutting into my Kindle reading time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Judy,

More greetings from Washington State - I am near Seattle.  Welcome to the boards.  You will love them.

Susan

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Judy, nice to have you with us Kindleholics! Please visit The Book Corner and share some of your book recommendations with us and you MUST go to The Accessory Corner, many Kindle goodies there. We all share a passion for reading and for our Kindles.

Linda

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow Washatonian.  I'm also near Seattle - well more south sound than Seattle.

TheresaM

·
Registered
869 Posts
Judy -

Yeah, another Washington state resident.  I'm joining Susan M and Theresa M in saying I live near Seattle.  Bellevue, to be exact.  Where are you?  Harvey, beloved mod, lives here too (Bellingham).

Great to have you join us  :)

Marci

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your warm welcome. Marci, I am like Theresa M. I live in the south sound in Puyallup.  So far, I have only seen one person with a Kindle at our local coffee shop but many have approached me to ask about mine.  I giving enthusiastic sales pitches.  :D :
I am looking forward to continual reading of this board.

Judy R.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Judy,

read on one of the other threads (Free books?) that your father isn't well.  We're thinking of you!  Keep us posted; glad you have your Kindle and Kindleboards for support.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Jamjar said:
Marci, I am like Theresa M. I live in the south sound in Puyallup.
Judy R.
Wow Judy, your just around the corner from me! I'm in Parkland area. Used to catch the Sounder in puyallup to work in Seattle. Don't anymore but sure miss my reading time! I have yet to run into anyone else with a kindle myself. So far no one has asked about it but then again the only time Ive read it in public so far was at the pet store. More people were interested in my African Grey than what I was reading. (we were waiting for him to be groomed)

TheresaM

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Theresa,

I take my Kindle with me where ever I go. I have coffee at Forza's in Puyallup and have had a number of people approach me particularly after Oprah had her give away.  I have only seen one other person with a Kindle in public.

Happy Reading

Judy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your kind words.  My father seems to be doing a little better this week.  I just take my Kindle and read when I can.

Thanks again,

Judy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts