Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Kindle Boards, I am SBJones.  I live in south central Idaho.  After collage I worked for Dell Inc. from 2002 to 2010.  When Dell closed down the call center I worked at, I decided that I would try my had at writing.  I wrote 5 children books about boy named Stan the Man that went no where.  After a break, I sat down and wrote my first novel for The Eternal Gateway series.  I decided to go the self publishing route and the last 3 months it has been a roller coaster of experiences.

Finishing the first draft then getting the first edit to the final product was awesome.  Then came the real hard work of creating my own publishing business with the State of Idaho, learning how to format .prc and .ePub files, working with Lightning Source for print versions.  The laws and taxes involved of said business to finally uploading and seeing it for sale on B&N and Amazon.com

Kindle Boards so far is the most active and welcoming community I have found so far, so Hello Kindle Boards!

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the KB

Good Luck with all your projects

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi, SB, great to meet you.  Congratulations on your novels, wishing you the very best!  My own novels are suspense, and I live and work in N.B. Canada.  Welcome to KB.  Though your are clearly not a newcomer.

Have a super year!

Joan

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome to the boards, SBJones.  I'm new myself, but I had been lurking for a while.  This is one of the nicest and most informational places for self-publishers to go :)  Good luck with your series.

Jodi

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome SB and good luck with your publishing company.  I've gone down the same route as you over here in England by starting my own one man band company.

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts