Kindle Forum banner

Hello, I'm a Soon to Publish SciFi Writer

769 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Free Range Editor 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!  I'm just about to publish my first novel on Amazon and everyone says I need to check out KBoards.  So here I am.  My book is a sci-fi comedy. It was supposed to just be a silly lark which I figured would take a couple months to write and publish.  But it ended up taking three years and becoming my epic wannabe genre masterpiece.  And, of course, figuring out how to publish it properly turned out to be a lot more work than I thought too.  Anyhow, just here to check out other peoples experiences and see what I can learn. 

I have a Kindle Paperwhite, which I love, and a Kindle Fire that I'm on the fence about.  But other than that I'm mostly an Apple fan with a pile of iPads.

#3 ·
Welcome Mackay.
Glad you found your way to the KB.
Hope you find friends here.

My friend Intinst used to post this info, hope it helps:
Greetings and Welcome!! We are so glad you found KBoards, an independent resource for people who own or have interest in Kindle, whether readers or writers.(Really, there are many members who are not writers!) We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet? That's the area for Reader discussions - share your book reviews and recommendations, and new discoveries. That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a Book Lover's Link Threadipedia designed to help both Newbies and Oldbies find some of the various resources, suggestions and recommendations available in the Book Corner and on the internet in general.
Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics from the writers point of view. The Bazaar is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! The Cafe also has the New KBoards Yellow Pages -- for author (and reader) services.
If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KBoards may be answered at Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. Further questions from authors concerning KB may be answered here: Tips, FAQs and Useful Threads for Authors
Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found. Also, the Accessories area can be fun. There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.

Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KBoards that I just get carried away.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.