Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would post a quick message here in the Intros to say that I have missed you all and that even though life has seemed to have swallowed me up, I am still alive and well in NE Texas! I would also like to say WELCOME to all of you who have joined KB while I have been out of touch!

There was so much going on in March that I hardly had time to breathe let alone spend time online. DH is still commuting to Houston and I am now volunteering at the church office 2 days a week. My kids and grandkids were all here for Spring Break and we had a wonderful time!  :D

The following week a dear friend from West Texas spent 5 days with me and the week following I was moving my 19 year old niece into our guestroom and she is now living with me!  She is a senior in high school and has no transportation so “Aunt Angie” is now taking her to school everyday (3 towns over)! Having her here is a good thing and we are hoping and praying that she will be able to reestablish her relationship with her dad (my brother). I am the only one on our side of the family that she has had any contact with in the past 6 years.

One good thing about being “mom” to a teen again is that KWINN and I have spent lots of time together in the past 3+ weeks in line at the high school for after school pick up and/or while waiting for tennis practice to be over. Last week we were at the District Tennis meet at Tyler Junior College for an entire day… Lots of wonderful reading time!! Woo Hoo!!  :D

Well, that is enough for now… I may try and catch up on a few posts although I am afraid there may just be too many to tackle and I will probably have to just pretend I am a newbie, hit the *mark all as read* and start over from today. I know I won’t be able to spend as much time online as before, but I do hope to check in a bit more often. I have actually been going to bed at a decent time since we have to be ready to leave the house no later than 7am to get her to school on time! No more late nights on KB for me… at least not until school is out!  ;)

Later!
Angela

PS – a very special thanks to those of you who have sent PM’s checking up on me… they really meant a lot! Love you guys!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sweet friend... It is good to be back!

BYW, what is with the name change?? Did I miss something? Silly question I know, since I have been gone for a month!!  :D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
intinst said:
Thanks intinst for the link! What a fun read that was... sorry I missed it!

Thanks for the *Welcome Backs* Geoff & pom! Eric is missing?? Seems I have noticed others missing as well. Sure does remind you that the world continues on in your absence! :) It just feels good to be back.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hello Angela!!!

It is so good to see you again. You were greatly missed.

I am so happy you are back,

-Sailor

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
thanks intinst - I know you will help keep me straight ;) btw you got a pie or cake to Welcome Angela back?
Here is a cake just for you, Angela!

Welcome Back!

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Welcome back Angela!  I noticed you hadn't been around and you have been in my prayers.  Sorry I didn't think to PM and check on you, but glad all is well.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts