Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys seem to have a lot of fun! I have been lurking for a week or so. I have several M-Edge covers, 2 skins from Decalgirl and am very patiently waiting (yeah right!) for my new Oberon cover. Fortunately to this point, my husband is very supportive of my habit. (I think he's afraid not too...hehehe) He is the one who actually named my Kindle. He always says I am having an affair with "Ken", so "Ken" he is!

I have had Ken since March and have purchased enough ebooks to save a least a large copse of trees. I can't help myself. Between the one click on Amazon, Whispernet and a few other favorite sites, it is so fast and easy!

I love, love, love my Kindle!!! Far and away the best electronic device ever.  ;D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Amy and Ken! Welcome to KindlelBoards. Yes, we do have a lot of fun here. Sounds like you are already well equipped. Glad you finally ventured out of lurkdom to join in on the fun! Love your avatar! My hubby would like it too. He goes by _wolf_ when he is online.

·
Registered
869 Posts
WolfPrincess,

Welcome aboard!

Nice to have you "shift"  ;) from the shadows of lurkdom to the light of KB.

You will need to share all your Ken stories and post pictures when your new Oberon cover comes.  Which design did you decide on?

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered World Tree with corners. Then I had to order Pixies from DecalGirl, hoping it will color coordinate...lol.  ???

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome Amy.  :D 

I have the Tree of Life and I love it. So I know you'll love your World Tree.  ;)  We'll be waiting for your pictures at Accessories boards.  ;D

Shizu

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
You guys seem to have a lot of fun! I have been lurking for a week or so. I have several M-Edge covers, 2 skins from Decalgirl and am very patiently waiting (yeah right!) for my new Oberon cover. Fortunately to this point, my husband is very supportive of my habit. (I think he's afraid not too...hehehe) He is the one who actually named my Kindle. He always says I am having an affair with "Ken", so "Ken" he is!

I have had Ken since March and have purchased enough ebooks to save a least a large copse of trees. I can't help myself. Between the one click on Amazon, Whispernet and a few other favorite sites, it is so fast and easy!

I love, love, love my Kindle!!! Far and away the best electronic device ever. ;D
Amy,

Sounds like you will fit right in here! We have many Kindle widows and widowers here... The wife of our fearless leader Harvey even joined the board as "Kindlewidow" even though Harvey doesn't even have a Kindle yet! (But we're hoping for Christmas, fingers crossed).

Sounds like you're doing OK in the Accessories field, but be sure to check out the Book Corner and see all the free, bargain and favorite book recommendations that our members are posting. AND we're going to have book clubs starting in January.

Welcome to you and Ken! Love your avatar!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:

I love, love, love my Kindle!!! Far and away the best electronic device ever. ;D
Welcome.

You will fit in perfectly. We are all enablers and Kindleholics, too. ;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Amy and Ken! This is the place for anyone that loves their Kindle. We have fun here and love everything Kindle! Oh another accessory addict, you are going to fit right in here. Welcome Home!  ;)

Linda

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys are great! I thought I was the only one, until I saw a post on Kindle Discussion board on Amazon to check you guys out. Boy am I glad I did..lol! My husband doesn't understand my obsession/addiction. I still check out the Amazon boards daily and keep an eye on the Kindle reviews there. He always rolls his eyes when he catches me. He accuses me of "stroking" or "fondling" Ken at least 2 or 3 times a day. I just tell him he shouldn't be jealous because I love him more than I love Ken. (Have to keep the hubby happy!  ;) ) We have fun, but sometimes I see him look at Ken with an evil eye. That's when I know it's time to hide Ken for a bit and pamper the other man in my life...hehehe!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Glad to have you hear amongst the rest of us Kindleholics! Looking forward to getting to knowyou! :)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hey, welcome...Tell hubby better that Ken than a human one; and if he makes any fuss you will switch to the human version.  We are all Kindleholics....I literally have had mine with me 24/7 since the day I got it.  I am never ever without it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard :) It's great to have you here. I wouldn't worry much about the skin matching your cover...the inside of the cover is black so it'll go with everything and it'll be stunning with the Pixie skin you chose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts