Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My therapist assures me that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.  My UPS driver is slightly scared of me now.  lol

I'm a soon-to-be first time Kindle owner.  I ordered back in early January expecting an original Kindle.  I still kinda wish I could get one instead of K2, but I'm sticking with K2 mainly for warranty reasons.  So be it, I believe I'll still be very, very happy. I'm one of those folks who just has cruddy luck with expensive toys.  They tend to either self-destruct, or someone else breaks them for me.  Accidental damage coverage is a must for me.  The reason being is that if I purchase it, then I won't need it.  I can't purchase it for any K1 I might buy, ergo I am limited to accepting delivery of a K2.  Banking on this theory, I ordered new snow boots this winter & put new tires on my car.  So far our largest snow fall was 6 inches, & never more than 1-2 inches the other times it has snowed.  So I'm pretty confident that my theory will work. 

A little bit about me: I turn 34 tomorrow, am married with no children except the fuzzy kind.  The husbeast and I will be working on that within the next year.  I work for a major US credit card company, but went to school for my undergraduate degree with the eventual goal of flying for the airlines.  I had just started flight instructing a few months before 9/11 & that dream kinda got flushed down the toilet.  With the state of the airlines today, I can't say I'm entirely sorry.  My husband works for an airline & I figure one of us in the industry is enough.  I'm currently in grad school working on my MBA and after this semester will only have 2 more classes to go until I'm finished.  I have CDO.  That's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but I'm so anal I have to put the acronym in alphabetical order. 

I read 2-3 books a week for pleasure, even with grad school on my plate.  I'm a big Fantasy & SciFi reader, but I read a little bit of everything.  My favorite books are Stephen King's "The Stand" & "The Talisman", Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere", Pat Frank's "Alas Babylon" & Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice". 

I am an avid video gamer, scuba diver, & knitter.  I love to cook & would probably adopt every stray animal I came across if my husband would let me. 

Anyhow, that's me.  I'm sure I'll be on here frequently now that I am expecting my new obsession, I mean Kindle.  See you all around! ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Purdueav8r! Glad to have you join us here. Everyone is an addict to the Kindle and most of us serve as enablers as well. It is the addiction no one wishes to break.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Purdue - and happy birthday!

The first step is to admit you have a problem, and we all do - that's why we are all enablers.  Be sure and check out the Book Klub, gotta be a lot in there you will like for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.