Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new stumbled here from amazon discussions.

I was given a photo of the kindle with an estimated delivery date for Christmas from my hubby.  I'm speechless he did this for me and very anxiously waiting any delivery person that comes near my house the next few weeks.

Now I'm attempting to read everything I can so hopefully I won't have too many learning curve issues.

Millicent

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the Kindleboards.  Everyone here is great and you will find yourself addicted to these forums!  I have learned a great deal and like you I don't even have my Kindle yet.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Millicent,
How exciting for you, and what a great hubby.  You will find these boards very very helpful.  I absorbed all the information that I could, and when mine arrived I was not intimidated.  You will soon find that the board is as addicting as your Kindle is going to be.
debbie

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Millicent!

Welcome to Kindleboards, and congratulations on your pending Kindle!  Many of us have stalked the UPS man.  I think they became afraid to deliver at my house...

Keep us posted on your shipping date and let us know!  We love Kindlewatch!

In the meantime, check out the Accessories, you do want your Kindle to be well dressed, don't you?

Betsy

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
cheshirenc said:
I'm new stumbled here from amazon discussions.

I was given a photo of the kindle with an estimated delivery date for Christmas from my hubby. I'm speechless he did this for me and very anxiously waiting any delivery person that comes near my house the next few weeks.

Now I'm attempting to read everything I can so hopefully I won't have too many learning curve issues.

Millicent
Welcome Millicent this is a great group. I know you will Love you Kindle when it comes.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, Millicent! This is a great place to learn about your Kindle, to get great book recommendations, weather reports and meet new friends! :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Millicent and welcome! You will find tons of helpful information here while waiting for your Kindle to arrive!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mumsicalwhimsy said:
Greetings, Millicent.

Have you downloaded any books, yet?
You can do that, before your Kindle arrives.

Enjoy!
I've tried but every time I attempt I get the screen to register my kindle with it's serial number. My hubby bought it on his amazon account and didn't click gift option, so I'm assuming it will come registered to him (HA!). Also the original ship date was the end of February to beginning of March. Last time I logged into hubby's account to check status it states delivery date of about a week later.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Millicent -

Welcome aboard!

What a great way to deliver a gift - I loved what your husband did for Christmas.

Leslie & others are more expert than I, so I hope they chime in here. I believe the difficulty your are experiencing is due to the fact that the Kind is registered in your husband's name. He will need to de-register it & then you will need to set up an Amazon accoutn [if you don't have one already] to register it under your name and your payment source??? Pretty sure it's something like that.

Hope it gets resolved and your Kindle comes in much earlier :) That does happen!

Cheers,

Marci

1 - 15 of 15 Posts