Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is David Tolley. I, or should I say we, got our Kindles last January. We love them. We go to NHRA races in Calif., Vegas and Chicago and not having to lug books along is great. I work construction and sometimes I am out of town for extended periods, and the Kindle will be great then. I'm 57 years old and other than reading, my passion, other than Maureen (my wife) and Kolchak (our German Shepherd) is drag racing. Went to my first in '73 and have been going since. Even raced a little years ago. Love to read mystery & thriller books. I will shut up for now and quit rambling.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Dave,
Rambling is also welcome here.  We like to know about people and their lives and their love of their kindle. 
debbie

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Dave! Glad you are here. Be sure and check out bookklubs in The Book Corner, we are having fun. Also bargain books and free books in The Book Corner.

We have several husband and wife teams here.

linda

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome David!!  I am a fan of mystery and thrillers, too.  You will enjoy your time spent on this board.

Judy

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll enjoy the convenience of being able to buy books wherever you are when you're traveling or away for work. It sure beats having to seek out a bookstore. I like to get samples of books I'd like to perhaps buy in the future and use it like a wish list.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
David, welcome! So glad to have you here. Thanks for the intro and the info...sounds great. We are a diverse and inclusive group here and everyone is welcome.

L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome, Dave!

Chris Bauer

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Dave -

Welcome Aboard!  Glad to have you here  :)

My dad loves Nascar/Indy racing.  I remember watching Shirley Muldowny when I was younger.

Happy Kindling & hope to see your around the boards,

Marci

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi David!  Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Welcome David!

My husband and I like all kinds of auto racing. Mostly F1 and IndyCar, but a little bit of everything. One of the things I like about drag racing is the number of women competing. It's come a ways since Shirley Muldowney started. I'd love to get her bio on Kindle:

I've clicked to request it!

Anyway, be sure to check out all the great recommendations in the Book Corner, and Tips Tricks and Troubleshooting and Let's Talk Kindle have lots of great info on using your Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Welcome David!

My husband and I like all kinds of auto racing. Mostly F1 and IndyCar, but a little bit of everything. One of the things I like about drag racing is the number of women competing. It's come a ways since Shirley Muldowney started. I'd love to get her bio on Kindle:

I've clicked to request it!

Anyway, be sure to check out all the great recommendations in the Book Corner, and Tips Tricks and Troubleshooting and Let's Talk Kindle have lots of great info on using your Kindle!

Betsy
Hi, Betsy -

You are so right about the advancement of women in racing! Have you been watching this reality series, forget what channel, that stars a family whose 3 sisters are into drag racing? What do you think of it if you have?

I know I'm sidetracking the thread a bit,

Marci

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here David - I have a good friend who Shelby drag races in Houston - I know nothing about it but it is fast cars for a short track!  ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts