Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been reading these boards and learning from all of you since getting LyBerry back in August and thought I would finally introduce myself. My husband had been trying to convince me that I should have a Kindle since Amazon released it, but I was so skeptical ("I like holding the book," "I get a lot of my books from the library," etc.) that he finally just placed the order and told me afterwards. I spent the next week checking the mailbox three times a day, and since the package arrived, LyBerry and I have not looked back! The only thing that gets me away from reading on the Kindle now is reading about the Kindle.

The best things about my Kindle experience so far are that I now read a lot more, and have re-discovered the classics.

Thanks to all of you for such a helpful and friendly board, and I'm looking forward to the Whiskey Rebels BookKlub this month!
:)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome NeeKeeBee and LyBerry!

Glad you are here and will be joining us for Whiskey Rebels bookklub. I am interested in knowing how you decided on a Kindle name?

Make yourself at home and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Linda

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Neekeebee said:
The best things about my Kindle experience so far are that I now read a lot more, and have re-discovered the classics. :)
Welcome Aboard, Neekeebee...

Glad you found us and are enjoying your Kindle.
I love a good classic myself, as long as it involves Mark Twain.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor *click*

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here Neekeebee

One problem about coming out of lurking and joining the posts - they become addictive LOL

HAPPY READING

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, NeeKee! Glad to have you here.

I think the whole "book experience" is overrated, once you have experienced a Kindle.  :D

L

·
Registered
552 Posts
Leslie said:
Welcome, NeeKee! Glad to have you here.

I think the whole "book experience" is overrated, once you have experienced a Kindle. :D

L
Definitely a "ditto" on that statement.

Hi NeeKeeBee and a warm welcome to you!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi, and welcome.
Good to hear you're enjoying your Kindle. Can't wait to post that I'm enjoying mine... hopefully that won't be as long as it says :-\

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, Neekee,

I love your Kindle's name - LyBerry = Library, mmmmmhhhh?  :D

It's nice that you decided to unlurk and join KB.  Lots of information and fun stuff here.

Enjoy the Whiskey Rebels Book Club,

Marci

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Yes, Chynared21, sometimes hubby does know best. ;)

Marci, you are exactly right--when I was a kid, I used to call the library (one of my favorite places) something like "LyBerry."

Chocochibi, I hope you get your Kindle soon, and I think you'll agree that it was well worth the wait!

N :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Neekeebee and welcome to KB! I love the name of your Kindle! That is what I called the library when I was a kid, too! My kindle's name is Kwinn, as in Kindle With No Name. A fellow kindleboarder helped me with that one! Anyway, glad you are here and enjoying your LyBerry!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts