Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I ordered my Kindle a week ago and have very quickly become addicted to KindleBoards! I expect it to be very painful waiting for my Kindle but from what I have read it will be well worth the wait. I bought into the idea of electronic books years ago and purchased many books for my Palm device but have been torn between the portability and wanting something that was closer to the experience of reading a "real" book. I started purchasing DT books again as a result, but quickly remembered why that would be a problem...storage limitations!

Unfortunately I purchased an e-book tonight for my Palm for my book club and realized how much more some things can cost -- it was $15 more than the Kindle price  :( Needless to say, I cannot wait to get my Kindle!

Anyway, I look forward to continuing to read the great comments on this site and joining the "Kindle Owner" club very soon!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Wunderkind, welcome!

Congratulations on your first post and on your pending Kindle!  I started out on my Palm T/X as well!

Be sure to check out our Book Klubs!  You can take part even if you don't have your Kindle yet.  I know I can download library versions to my Palm, so that may be an option for you till your Kindle arrives!

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings! Enjoy yourself around here while you wait. That's what a lot of us are doing.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes -- this board is great for sharing information with people that have been or are in the same waiting situation, and that have the same excitement as I do about the Kindle!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi all,

I received a Kindle for Christmas and being technically-challenged, I delayed downloading a book. I finally did this weekend and am enjoying reading it, but find that I read slower on Kindle than if I'm reading a standard book.

I found this group when I posted a question, and quickly got a reply, on the Kindle discussion area of Amazon.

Hope to be a good group member!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wunderkind said:
I expect it to be very painful waiting for my Kindle but from what I have read it will be well worth the wait.
It IS painful waiting, but the wonderful people here really help to take the edge off it :p
Check out the Accessories board and you'll find even more stuff to get for your Kindle, along with lots of people who'll enable you fully support you getting it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes...(un)fortunately :) I have found the accessories board and have already identified the Oberon World Tree for my cover! It looks like a great way to have a feel of a book while enjoying the electronic benefits.

There are definitely great people here that have already helped me through the past few weeks and hopefully it won't be too much longer **typed with fingers crossed**.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts