Kindle Forum banner

Hello!

3K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Wunderkind 
#1 ·
Hello...I ordered my Kindle a week ago and have very quickly become addicted to KindleBoards! I expect it to be very painful waiting for my Kindle but from what I have read it will be well worth the wait. I bought into the idea of electronic books years ago and purchased many books for my Palm device but have been torn between the portability and wanting something that was closer to the experience of reading a "real" book. I started purchasing DT books again as a result, but quickly remembered why that would be a problem...storage limitations!

Unfortunately I purchased an e-book tonight for my Palm for my book club and realized how much more some things can cost -- it was $15 more than the Kindle price  :( Needless to say, I cannot wait to get my Kindle!

Anyway, I look forward to continuing to read the great comments on this site and joining the "Kindle Owner" club very soon!

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes -- this board is great for sharing information with people that have been or are in the same waiting situation, and that have the same excitement as I do about the Kindle!

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Yes...(un)fortunately :) I have found the accessories board and have already identified the Oberon World Tree for my cover! It looks like a great way to have a feel of a book while enjoying the electronic benefits.

There are definitely great people here that have already helped me through the past few weeks and hopefully it won't be too much longer **typed with fingers crossed**.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.