Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here. My name is Georgia. I found you all after I just discovered what a Kindle was about two weeks ago and was looking them up on the internet. I don't have one yet but I will soon. If I don't get it for mothers day than I will just treat myself. I live in PA with my four children. I work as a cake decorator and own my own small bussiness called Nature's Luxuries. It is a candle, bath and body bussiness. I make everything myself. I love to read but rarely get the time with everything else going on. Oh and I am 29. I think that about covers it . I look forward to get to "know" you!
Georgia

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Georgia! Lots of us started here before buying our Kindles. Be sure and read a lot in Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting and Let's Talk Kindle while you are waiting. That way, you will be far up the learning curve when it arrives. Join in on any discussions that interest you and ask questions if you don't find the answer you are looking for. We love to help and won't pick on the newbie. Another area to check out is the Accessories section. You will see all the different options on how to personalize you very own Kindle. Look in The Book Corner for reading ideas. Be sure and check out the Bargain Books, Free Books andRecommended by our Members threads.
There that should get you started in preperation for your Membership test. KIDDING! Lots to do till your Kindle arrives. Hope you also continue to enjoy KindleBoards.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcome Georgia...Glad you found us!  It sounds like you are very busy with 4 kids and a small business on the side.  I hope you get your kindle soon.  Have you thought about a used Kindle 1 which would be a lot cheaper? 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Georgia - Wow, how nice for you to think of kindles with all the other stuff you have going on in your life!  Having a kindle will awaken your reading and you will be able to snitch a minute or two here and there.  Good luck on getting one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the hellos! Yes I am very busy but hey it's ok. As they say I will rest when I die. Yes I am going to get a Kindle 1 to start out. While the Kindle 2 looks nice it doesn't seem like enough of a change for me at this point.I have already been making a list of books that I want after I get one.  Oh and no I don't have a site for my bussiness up and running yet. I have it started but with getting my bussiness up and running and then taking on an outside part time job as a cake decorator the website took a back seat. I plan on getting it done this next month though.

Georgia

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Georgia and welcome. You will not regret your decision to get a Kindle. Hope you get one for Mother's Day!

I used to decorate cakes, too. I only do it now for the grandkids' birthdays. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.