Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is really 'not quite Kindle'.

This past weekend, I made a helmet cam for my snowboard helmet. This will let me take hands-free videos while I'm snowboarding. Here are some pix!

Caveat: Don't take this as a recommendation to try this. This is probably not a safe modification to make to your helmet, and this has the potential to be dangerous to yourself or to others. So, I'm just sharing my own experimentation with this.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
ummm how do you propose to hit the button to take pictures while snow boarding?? :eek:  ???

theresam

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll being using it in Video mode -  so I just have to reach up and click the shutter to start the video rolling, then click it again to turn the video off. I'm going on a ski trip this weekend, so I have some 4GB SD cards I'm going to take with me. Video eats up a lot of memory.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very Interesting looking hat Harvey. I'm just glad I won't be snowboarding next to you while you're wearing it.  ;D ;D I would love to see the video though. :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Harvey, you are a nice guy and I like you a lot but you really really are a geek....

L

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
We wanna see the video if you survive. . . . ;D

Ann

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm not sure what to say...  it's crazy and nuts, but pretty inventive.

But I noticed there are a couple scuffs on the helmet already.  Have you already taken a few spills?  Should we expect to see very up-close shots of the snow !  ;D

Make sure you post the video!

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
More importantly, who does he leave his Kindles to. . . .??????

:)

Ann

1 - 20 of 98 Posts