Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just got a Kindle today and we have very similar tastes in books and both read voraciously, so we want to share an account. I have had my Kindle since the day K2 was released and have purchased 25 or so books that I would like her to have access to. I assume this means that I will need give her access to my existing Amazon account and register her Kindle on my account versus start a new one, is that correct?

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
She does not need access to your account.  My mom is on my account.  I registered her's, and she can download the books fromt he archives.  We have bought gift cards, she let's me know what she wants, I purchase it from Amazon.  Not a perfect solution, but it's working for us.
deb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
modkindle said:
register her Kindle on my account versus start a new one, is that correct?
This is correct. She does not, however, need your password.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Sharing is a great way to share books. I share with my daughter and we have both put our credit cards on the "Manage Your Kindle" section. We just go there and switch the credit card when we want to buy a book. We also use gift cards, but for us, switching between credit cards has been easy.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
So without a password and access to the account, does the other person just download the books using the Kindle and not online at Amazon?  Trying to figure this out in case my mom is interested at some point.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
kari said:
So without a password and access to the account, does the other person just download the books using the Kindle and not online at Amazon? Trying to figure this out in case my mom is interested at some point.
Yep, all the available books should be available from the device if she goes to the archive portion.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
MichelleR said:
Yep, all the available books should be available from the device if she goes to the archive portion.
And assuming Whispernet coverage.
She'd also be able to buy with one-click directly from the Kindle, but without the password wouldn't be able to purchase via computer.
My daughter's Kindle is on my account. We discussed initially about how she'd pay for her purchases, but so far it hasn't been much of an issue, she's bought a couple of books, neither were expensive, and has read a lot that I'd downloaded, and has picked up some public domain stuff. She's still trying to work through a pile of DTBs as well - as those dwindle & she starts buying more Kindle books she might start putting gift certificates on my account to pay for anything she purchases.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
kari said:
So without a password and access to the account, does the other person just download the books using the Kindle and not online at Amazon? Trying to figure this out in case my mom is interested at some point.
Yes, that's the way I do it. None of the others on my account know my Amazon login and pw. They get all their stuff via their kindles. Works just fine.

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
kari said:
And the receipt comes to your email. I forward the receipt for my mom's books to her.
deb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts