Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on and ordered Stephen King's Riding The Bullet from my Kindle2 last night and it said successfully ordered, it should arrive soon, blah blah...I've been waiting 24 hours now and I have full service. I went to my Amazon page and it says its still pending....So I downloaded it to my computer and dragged it into my Kindle2 folder when I plug it into my computer.

This defeats the whole purpose of wireless delivery. What's the deal?

I'm frustrated!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
It just happens sometimes.  A couple of times I had to go into my media library and click on send to my kindle. 

It also happens that you try to transfer something either from Kindle memory to your media library and vice versa, but the transfer will fail. 

These are rare occurrences, and it doesn't mean you can never download via whispernet again. 

Take heart ... all will be well.  :D

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Any time you have a problem, try resetting the Kindle.... Resetting will correct most minor glitches.

·
Super Moderator
67,354 Posts
I second Verena.  The few times I've had non-delivery issues, re-setting cleared out the fog in my Kindle's brain and everything was back to normal.

And Betsy has a point too.  I am usually in the habit of leaving WN on all the time.  But while I was working, I'd turn it off during the day because there was no signal in the Pentagon and the battery would drain trying to talk to something.  One morning I woke it up and none of my regular morning deliveries were there. I briefly panicked, then realized I'd not turned WN back on when I'd gotten home from work the day before.

Ann

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Did you try syncing and checking for new items?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Forster said:
Did you try syncing and checking for new items?
I ordered a book last night that didn't show up, so I did this and it still wasn't there. Had to go into the Archived Items and download it from there. More likely a problem with Amazon than with my Kindle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts