Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

I am a new Kindle 2 owner and have been searching for just the right Kindle cover.

I need it to be black with the words 'DON'T PANIC' embossed on the front and back in giant gold letters.

My inspiration - http://xkcd.com/548/

So basically what I need is someone who does custom covers or get a generic leather cover I can modify and have embossed.

help.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't know a soul who does a one time custom cover.. although there are leather covers out there...

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hi Ken, welcome to Kindleboards. 
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you either.  But if you stick around for a while I bet someone will have some ideas for you. 
deb

·
Registered
601 Posts
KenC said:
Hello folks.

I am a new Kindle 2 owner and have been searching for just the right Kindle cover.

I need it to be black with the words 'DON'T PANIC' embossed on the front and back in giant gold letters.

My inspiration - http://xkcd.com/548/

So basically what I need is someone who does custom covers or get a generic leather cover I can modify and have embossed.

help.
Hi and welcome! This may be too simple and not look professional enough, but I was thinking you could purchase if you don't already have the amazon black leather K2 cover at http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-Leather-Cover-Generation/dp/B001JAH7OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245433457&sr=8-1 and get someone to custom emboss it for you. I googled custom leather embossing and a bunch of results showed up. I don't know about the reputations of the vendors, so you might want to check that out...you could maybe send your cover in to be embossed? or maybe there is someone near you? just a thought...have fun! :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I know at least one person on here added an image to a pre-made cover using a leather stamp. Google "leather stamps alphabet" and you'll find a number of listing for these. You'd then have to fill in with gold, either paint or leaf. If that was the plan, I'd pick whichever cover you LIKE the best, then go about adding the words. How various covers work for you is really a very personal decision, as most of us have found--what one person likes, the next may not!

Personally, I'd probably skip it due to the nuisance factor of trying to either get it done professionally or DIY. I'd do something with one of the old paperback covers and this:

M-edge Image Jacket for Kindle 2 (Synthetic Leather--Smooth Black)

If Adams was still alive, something like this would be on the market already; as it stands, I assume it won't be due to copyright/trademark issues with the estate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VictoriaP said:
I know at least one person on here added an image to a pre-made cover using a leather stamp. Google "leather stamps alphabet" and you'll find a number of listing for these. You'd then have to fill in with gold, either paint or leaf. If that was the plan, I'd pick whichever cover you LIKE the best, then go about adding the words. How various covers work for you is really a very personal decision, as most of us have found--what one person likes, the next may not!

Personally, I'd probably skip it due to the nuisance factor of trying to either get it done professionally or DIY. I'd do something with one of the old paperback covers and this:

M-edge Image Jacket for Kindle 2 (Synthetic Leather--Smooth Black)

If Adams was still alive, something like this would be on the market already; as it stands, I assume it won't be due to copyright/trademark issues with the estate.
Good idea folks on just getting a plain one and having it embossed or doing it myself hopefully I won't procrastanate to much on it.

Maybe I will sell them :p

Victoria I would not be afraid of the Douglas estate you can't copy right the words DON'T PANIC they would try to stop it but would ultimatly fail then they would just release an 'official' Hitchhikers cover

Or maybe I will just write the estate and give them the idea

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Victoria

I remember him but his prices were really high and only the one design.. but as someone said google it, you never know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts