Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: I am a woman possessed. I am off, and I can't stop reading. I am seriously restless doing anything else until I get a hold of my Kindle and turn it on and go Ahhh. I have read more books in the last weeks than I have in 5 years combined. Not kidding. The K-dots are flying by like crazy.

I used to be a total TV news junkie, now the TV is barely on unless we watch a show, during which I keep gazing over to my Kindle.  :eek:
My computer keyboard is building up a layer of dust and hair balls. My cats love it of course as they get to lounge on mama all day while she reads on the couch and doesn't move much. Cat owners know how important that is to the master felines  ;D

No glasses or contacts, nothing can stop me, I just make the font large enough to squint my way through it.

I have had to resort at times to reading with the charger plugged in, as it seems to drain. Not sure if its the battery or me reading and reading and reading  :eek:

And lard of unicorns help me, I got a mighty bright yesterday so now I can read in bed too :D

I think I need help  :D  :eek: ::)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Atunah, I'm right there with you. The first step is admitting you have a problem... I have a problem!

I read two books in the last year. Now, I've had Anabel just over a month and I've read 5 books. I start to get all anxious when I finish one book trying to decide what to read next. I'm starting to read classics; I liked Pride and Prejudice. And last night I was up until 5:00AM to finish the first Twilight book.

I've got it bad.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know. Ive been reading like crazy to and finding all kinds of authors i never heard of before and i just want more and more. I still cant get myself to turn the tv off except for late at night but i keep the sound real low so it doesnt bother me. Id be in really big trouble if there werent so many free ebooks out there. The only reason i get on the computer anymore is to check my email and come here while the battery is charging.  :D

G

·
So it's not just me.  I used to ration out my books so I'd never run out.  Now I don't have to.  I'll never run out of books again.  A new book is one click away on whispernet!

I also sometimes suffer the anxiety of what next.  Too many choices, too little time!

·
Registered
326 Posts
tecwritr said:
Lizzy,

Don't you read while it's charging?
Yeah sometimes i do. I have a new extension cord stretched out to where i sit and if im in the middle of something good and dont want to get on the computer i just reach down and plug it in. I am so obsessed! ;D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
We are all sick, very sick. I am the same. I used to love to read as a kid, but somehow drifted away from a lot of reading until I got the Kindle about a month ago. Now I stay up to 1:00am reading. I have read more books in the last month than I have probably in the last 6 or 7 years. And the BIG SECRET is, the sickness is contagious. My wife has it. Soon the neighbors may go down. I even saw my dog pawing a DTB. This is very serious.

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Vampyre said:
So it's not just me. I used to ration out my books so I'd never run out. Now I don't have to. I'll never run out of books again. A new book is one click away on whispernet!

I also sometimes suffer the anxiety of what next. Too many choices, too little time!
I'm right there with you all!! As Vampyre said, "what next" does cause anxiety. I have found that I too am reading books by authors I have never heard of. I love it!! Expanding my reading horizons!!!

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So glad I am not alone  ;D

stevene9, thats exactly my story, I read a lot as a kid and tween, but somehow the older I got, the less I read. I wasn't even thinking about it much anymore. Then I kept reading about the Kindle and I just could not stop thinking about it.

Now I have the same problem Vampyre does, I get obsessed now with what to read next. I am consumed by searching for books I might like. I have like 9 pages of samples and I don't only send the samples, I put all the books in my Amazon wishlist. Still not enough.

Its like I might be missing out somehow. Must read them all.

I am running out of Amazon Giftcards  :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm in the same boat..... I absolutely cannot get enough reading now that I have my Kindle.  Reading is so much easier on my eyes with the Kindle!  I'm so grateful for the Book Corner on KindleBoards.... I go there at least once or twice daily to check out the "Free Books" and "Bargain Books" discussions.  I too am reading authors and genres that I had never tried before.... and I'm loving it!!  I'm so looking forward to the first book klub starting on Monday and have been trying to finish up other books so I'm ready for Outlander.  I love that book and can't wait to get to it once again!!

G

·
Its like I might be missing out somehow. Must read them all.

I am running out of Amazon Giftcards
I thought Pokemon was bad. This is way worse.

No more waiting for the UPS GUY!!! I can't express how much I love that one thing. Even if I was outside the Whispernet areas, I'd still be happy with the USB route.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If I'm not reading the Kindle, I'm on Kindleboards looking for new books and new tricks. My husband is suggesting a support group for friends and familys of Kindle owners. He thinks I'm addicted and they may need an Intervention to get me back. I have always read a lot, but now it is crazy. At least now, I don't have to buy and new bookshelf. I hate to get rid of a book I love. I reread books and can't part with them. I am finding so many new authors that never tried before and it is so exciting.  Love my Kindle!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Ditto on what everyone has said. 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Kathy said:
If I'm not reading the Kindle, I'm on Kindleboards looking for new books and new tricks. My husband is suggesting a support group for friends and familys of Kindle owners. He thinks I'm addicted and they may need an Intervention to get me back. Love my Kindle!
The best thing about an intervention group is they will all be addicts and will be able to show us where to get more books and suggest reading materials. ;D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anju said:
The best thing about an intervention group is they will all be addicts and will be able to show us where to get more books and suggest reading materials. ;D
Maybe we can even convert the counseler.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
tecwritr said:
Lizzy,

Don't you read while it's charging?
I did that for the first time on Christmas night!! Everyone had gone to bed and I was still up reading. I had finally decided about 3am to go to bed and read when I noticed that my battery was below the 1/2 mark. I instead plugged the charger in and kept reading!! I finally put it down when I finished the book and went to bed (about 5am). Luckily everyone slept in and I got about 4 hours of sleep before getting up and starting another book! I have been so obsessed with reading, that my KindleBoard time has been cut waaayyyy back! Sorry, folks... it's not that I don't love you guys anymore... but you understand, don't you?? ;D

G

·
Yep, fighting fire with fire!  That's the way to go...if you're a pyromaniac...like Betsy who is wanted for arson in Hibbling..(sp)(a place where Hugh Jackman may have or may not have visited)

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I think we all need to write in to Dr. Phil. . . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
99 Posts
Vampyre said:
I charge mine when I take my nap.
Hold the phones... I read this entire thread and I kept coming back to this one post...

You get NAPS?!? Unfair!

I'm petitioning for naps... especially during the workday!

Unbelievable... people actually get naps... wow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts