Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Seems my printer prints only in color and anything in black gets left out. I can't print my resume for my interview today and have to leave at 1:30pm pdt  :mad: 

It was working fine a couple of days ago. Did a MS update a few days ago and then tried to print today, no black ink. I tried a system restore, no dice. Unistalled and reinstalled the software. Still does not print.  We had this problem with the color HP where I was just laid off from, and someone said they just installed a driver but that didn't seem to work. I have a Kodak easyshare 5300. 

any ideas?  Added new cartridges and tried getting drivers/info on line but everyone wants to charge a freeken fee :(

theresam

thanks in advance

G

·
Two suggestions:

1) Take a Q-tip and dip it in rubbing alcohol.  Use this to clean your black ink print head.

2) After doing this, use the "Print a test page" function that is built into your HP software.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bugger, I was just hoping it was the same issue as the hp had had.  :(  Ok Guess I'll have to find a kinko's new me. No staples. And if I remember correctly Kinkos is about 15/20 mins in the opposite direction I need to go.

oh well.

thanks all, I'll call kodak when I get home.

Theresam

G

·
Actually, I missed that the printer in question is a Kodak.  But we've had to clean the print head on our HP a couple of times.  It has always worked out just fine.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. This seems like something that would happen to me on an interview day :( I'm usually nervous enough going to the interview and having to deal with this type of stuff makes me wanna cry.

Anyways, how did the interview go?

bkworm8it said:
Hi,

Seems my printer prints only in color and anything in black gets left out. I can't print my resume for my interview today and have to leave at 1:30pm pdt :mad:

It was working fine a couple of days ago. Did a MS update a few days ago and then tried to print today, no black ink. I tried a system restore, no dice. Unistalled and reinstalled the software. Still does not print. We had this problem with the color HP where I was just laid off from, and someone said they just installed a driver but that didn't seem to work. I have a Kodak easyshare 5300.

any ideas? Added new cartridges and tried getting drivers/info on line but everyone wants to charge a freeken fee :(

theresam

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the laughs everyone! Even if my kodak may be dead LOL  :eek: ::)  - but I'll get back to figuring it out tomorrow - cleaning didn't work but then again I'm not sure where the print head is in the kodak. But have plenty of time to find it tomorrow.

Hi Sweety18,  I think the interview went very well, which means I didn't get the job, though I could be wrong But it's always been that when the interview goes bad I get an offer the next day and if it goes well then never hear from them again or a letter they went with someone else  :eek: :p

Any way its for a 3 month temp job that may go permanent for A CEO that has never had an assistant and they want to 'try one out'. I liked the atmosphere of the office and the dress code is casual, jean, my favorite...

Hopefully I'll hear one way or the other soon!

Theresam

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Any way its for a 3 month temp job that may go permanent for A CEO that has never had an assistant and they want to 'try one out'. I liked the atmosphere of the office and the dress code is casual, jean, my favorite...

Theresam
Fingers crossed, candles lit. Hope you get it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
bkworm8it said:
Thanks for the laughs everyone! Even if my Kodak may be dead LOL :eek: ::) - but I'll get back to figuring it out tomorrow - cleaning didn't work but then again I'm not sure where the print head is in the kodak. But have plenty of time to find it tomorrow.

Hi Sweety18, I think the interview went very well, which means I didn't get the job, though I could be wrong But it's always been that when the interview goes bad I get an offer the next day and if it goes well then never hear from them again or a letter they went with someone else :eek: :p

Theresam
Good luck with the job. Interviews are always hard to figure out. I've found the less I care if I get the job the more they seem to want me.

Try this to find the printhead. http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/manuals/AiOPrinters/5300AiOPrinterUG_EN-US.pdf

Kodak's are notorious for having the printheads go bad. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gables Girl said:
Try this to find the printhead. http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/manuals/AiOPrinters/5300AiOPrinterUG_EN-US.pdf

Kodak's are notorious for having the printheads go bad. Hope this helps.
So that's what the print head is LOL. I was looking for my manual and couldn't find it. Thanks for the link. I'll pull it out and try cleaning it later today and call kodak if that doesn't work. But first got to go to the store and find some rubbing alchohal and do a work out. Gotta fit back into those interview clothes :-\ :eek:

Theresam

1 - 20 of 29 Posts