Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been covered, but a search of the threads didn't turn up a specific answer to my question.

I'm trying to sell my eBook for $2.99. Amazon is calling this my 'Digital List Price' and is actually listing it at $0.99.

I have no print version available, and the only other place I am selling it is on B&N for $2.99.

I understand that Amazon reserves the right to price match my eBook to lower prices on other venues, but it's not listed anywhere for anything but $2.99. Am I missing something?

Your help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Have you done a search for your book on the web by any chance?  Maybe some site picked it up and is selling it for less and Amazon's computer picked up on it and price matched? 

I hope you can get it straightened out.  Good luck!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the help, but no, I've not signed up for any distribution services. Only places I've uploaded to thus far at Amazon and B&N. A google search hasn't turned up any other site that's selling the book.

Still confused!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fingers crossed that they'll be able to explain and not just brush me off. And I love the cover for Not What She Seems, Victorine!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I bumped my price up to $1.99 on "Devil Moon" but they are still selling it for $1.00. However, they show that they are going to pay 35% on $1.99. So, check your payout report next week and see what amount they are paying.

Dana

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
This happened to me, or something similar at any rate. I'd dropped the price on a book everywhere, and then decided to raise it again. I waited for smashwords distribution to catch up. Then I raised the price on Amazon as well.

Amazon still "price matched." I waited a week.

Still $.99.

So...I went into KDP and changed my royalty rate to 35%, which meant that no matter what Amazon decided to charge, they still had to pay me 35% of my list price. Since the 35% of my list price was MORE than Amazon was charging, they changed that price back up right quick. Then I reinstalled my 70% royalty rate, and they've kept it at the list price I set since.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting strategy, Valerie! Am definitely going to try it if I don't get a response from Amazon soon.

And thanks Dana - am definitely going to be scrutinizing my payout report as soon as it comes out. Good tip.

Many thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts