Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With thanks in advance. I'm so sick of the old one and it doesn't look good on the kindle, but I can't tell if I'm changing it because I'm sick of it or if this new one is really better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dag nabbit.
Images didn't work. hold on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Half-Orc said:
You are amazing!
I was so right in the middle of struggling with that!

bless your heart.....really. (sigh)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I also prefer the one on the left.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I prefer the one on the left, but I don't like any of the fonts or their colours, placements etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JETaylor said:
I like the one on the left.
Wowie. Unanimous.

My husband says on the right hand one, that the font is like if a "bad clown" had a font, it would be that font. But there's no bad clown in my story. So it's not good.

You see why I had to ask you guys,

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My husband is telling me to step away from Photoshop before someone gets hurt.
But I feel the need to brighten the colors on the left font.

And he's telling me there's nothing to see here...

·
Registered
876 Posts
I like the colour scheme on the left, but I think your name needs to be placed in the centre and perhaps with a different font or a bit bigger.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like left, and if I could offer just a casual suggestion or two that may or may not help: I think the gradient on the BLUE VALLEY text may have too much of a contrast, I would personally make the top of it a bit lighter. There is also something about the drop-shadow I don't love, I can't place it though. It may be that I use a lot of similar drop-shadows on text but I do it to the lower right instead of the upper right, so my eyes just aren't used to yours haha. It could be the shade.

I feel like the text in BLUE VALLEY may be a little too tall, could maybe be brought down to like 80 or 90% of it's height and be a little quicker to recognize when you read it. I also think the text of your name needs something: perhaps either to stretch across the page OR just cover the left 40 or 50%.. I think the fact it is neither long nor short is the root cause of it not looking quite right to people here.

If you have the photoshop file where the layers are still editable, feel free to PM me for my email addy and I'll do a few quick changes and show you what I mean. But it's a very nice cover, I am just a nitpicker on this because I have been doing a lot of stuff with gradients/drop-shadows and text in general lately.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts