Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a book I read about 30 years ago that I can't seem to find reference to anywhere, and I'd love to see if any of you might recall its title?

The plot of the book was a writer who was blocked, so he started musing and writing about his cats.  As I recall, he wrote from an outbuilding (garage, shed, similar) in his back yard, had several cats, and a wicked sense of humor. 

There were several signature terms he coined for the cats' actions, such as "squinging" (that slow blink cats do when they seem to be happy), "prounding" (the kneeding motion all cats make), and a lot of talk about the imaginary dinosaurs some seemed to be avoiding when they made sudden, odd movements as if to evade the step of an imaginary dinosaur.

Does this ring a bell for any of you?  I'd love to find this book again, in print or electronic, as I always think of it with kitties.  The Max series posted earlier made me think of it and try again to find it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meljackson said:
It's not the Cat Who series is it?

Melissa
Unfortunately no. It's written from the autobiographical perspective, and I think it really is the author talking about his life and his own cats.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I don't know if this will help you in your search.... you can go to www.allreaders.com and search for books by entering criteria.  You can also try ://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuth and enter criteria and it will give you suggestions on books to help find the one you are looking for.  Doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.  I actually found a book that I had read about 30 years ago and couldn't remember the name of by using Google and entering key words that I remembered about the book.  I actually found it in a reader's forum where someone else had asked questions looking for the same book I was looking for.  Hope this helps.... or maybe one of our fellow KindleBoarders will be familiar with your book.  Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts