Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help finding a name for my Kindle 2. I never named my Kindle 1. Also when I find a name how do I change the name of  my Kindle 2.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
People use lots of inspiration for naming their Kindles--

favorite authors
characters in favorite books
variations on the theme Kindle
places you love
a favorite name of any kind

Sometimes it takes a while for inspiration to hit.

As for how you change the name on a Kindle:

Scroll down to find "Manage Your Kindle."
Find where it says "Your Kindle(s)"
click on "Edit Info" to the right of the Kindle's name
Edit as desired.
Click on Update Your Info.

Voila!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Once you have changed it in your Amazon account, the name will change on your Kindle when you turn the Whispernet on for the first time.

L

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
Look around the boards (the search function works well) . . . there are ay least a couple of threads where people talk about what their Kindles are called. You can ignore all the party poopers who say there's no need for a name. :)

There's also a thread in Not Quite Kindle. . .which I think Harvey used as the basis for a blog post. . .that talks about strange names to give it since, when you have Amazon send something to it it says "Sending Wirelessly to. . . .<insert odd name/phrase here>". ScottBooks started it and there are some really funny and creative ideas!

Mine is my Magic Book. . .but in talking about it I generally call it my Kindle.

Ann

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just tried to change the name of my Kindle 2. It would not let me do it. I guess I have to wait till its mailed and I have a email address and a serial number.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anne said:
I just tried to change the name of my Kindle 2. It would not let me do it. I guess I have to wait till its mailed and I have a email address and a serial number.
I changed my. Go into your account, choose manage your Kindle, then where the Kindle is listed, click on the Edit Info button.

You should see this:

and you can change the name and email address. Note that I don't have a serial number yet.

L

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Lesile I was finally able to change it. I had to put in a email address and then it worked.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fiqure it out thanks to you. I thought I had to wait for them to give me a email address.Lesile I like the name of you Kindle ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anne said:
I fiqure it out thanks to you. I thought I had to wait for them to give me a email address.Lesile I like the name of you Kindle ;D
I thought Guinea Pig was going to be temporary (to be changed to Alex) but it is starting to grow on me. LOL

L

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leslie said:
I thought Guinea Pig was going to be temporary (to be changed to Alex) but it is starting to grow on me. LOL

L
L it is a cute name you should keep it. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
How about "Little Aardvark"?  or "little Argyle"?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Leslie said:

L
L - I *love* the name Guinea Pig! And it makes for a cute email address too :)

I'm also awfully fond of 'Alex', but that is my cat's name and I already spend enough time wandering around saying "Where is Alex?" so so I won't confuse the situation by naming my Kindle after him :D

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. ;D I have decided to name my Kindle one Sookie and my Kindle 2 Champagne.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
luvmy4brats said:
Leslie, I love Guinea Pig. It's a keeper.

Anne, Love the name Champagne too.
Thanks Luvmy4brats I am glad you like the name Champagne too. ;D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts