KBoards.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the 'burbs west of Chicago, but I love the beach (although I can't swim). Particularly Seaside, FL on the Florida Panhandle gulf coast. Have you seen the movie The Truman Show? It was filmed there. I have a sign on my condo hall door -- Seaside Retreat. I decorated my condo to look like a Florida beach cottage -- Seaside colors, shells, jars of Seaside sand, bottles of gulf water, etc., etc. So a name for my Kindle . . . Shelly? Maybe. Anyone have a more original idea?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good possibility.  I also like Cajun kinda names.  I've never been to New Orleans, but it holds an interest for me.  In the past I've had a parrotlet named Boudreaux and now I have a Rosey Bourkes parakeet named Lucy Anna.  Louisiana = Lucy Anna.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You know, I like to think that I'm reasonably creative, but this Kindle naming thing . . . I just cannot think up a name for my Kindle. Believe it or not, I call it "Kindle Kindle" (yeah, I like it so much I named it twice). Some of you have these amazingly clever names for your Kindles, and I love mine so much, but sometimes I just stare down at it and try to think of some clever or at least fitting name for it, and I can't!

Hmm . . . Leslie, maybe your next book should be "The Kindle Naming Book"

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
asordu, I like that.  :)  Sounds a little familiar.  From a song?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geeez, I like Chalmette too.  (Just took a sample listen to Sweet Chalmette on iTunes.  Like what I heard.)  And Chalm is almost palm.  Anything beachy / tropical will get me.

·
0 Posts
Yep. VooDoo Queen, faith healer and one of my favorite old Bobby Bare songs from the past.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I live in Cajun country so as a suggestion, how about a traditional Cajun-French name, Clothilde? (pronounced Clo-teel,at least down here)

·
Registered
273 Posts
You like Cajun. Ok how about Thibodeaux, Langlinais, Lagneaux, Hebert, Duhon, Dugas, Arceneeaux, or maybe Prejean.  I can come up with a few more if you'd like.  Oh one of my favorites Champagne.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chlotilde is good too.  Which made me think of simply Chloe ?  Another sweet tiny tiny bird I had -- a grey singing finch.  They are rare, but pet shop that sold her to me didn't know (and neither did I at the time).  Her name grew over her ten years -- Chloe Anne Suzanna Carolina Savannah.

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Oh, I like Thalassa. I think that's perfect.

Sandpiper...that name speaks to me....

L

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK, if you have settled on a name, ignore this, but it looks like you hadn't yet, so might I suggest Sigmund, from the Sid and Marty Croft show Sigmund the Sea Monster.  For a sea monster, you ever notice how we never saw him in the water?  Might be perfect for your situation of loving the beach but not able to swim.  PLus one of th esongs they used to sing was "You Gotta Have Friends", and your kindle will be a very good friend indeed.

Just my two cents worth (inflation adjusted to $1.29).

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Wave:  multiple meanings; the obvious wave (beach) Kindle: wave of the future.....a new wave.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I named mine Phantasos, who is the Greek god of vivid dreaming and creativity. So, if I wanted a sea name, I would probably name it Posieden, or Thetus, or some nymph that I fancied. But I'm obsessed with mythology (even that which is currently known as Christianity).

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I guess it is (may be) Sundog, taken from my absolutely favorite book store which is app. 1,000 miles from where I live. :'(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts