KBoards.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Colleen, where do you live?  I'm in Lombard.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I guess it is (may be) Sundog, taken from my absolutely favorite book store which is app. 1,000 miles from where I live. :'(
;) I recognized that pic as soon as I saw it & though "Perfect choice - Sundog!" (I live not far from Seaside...)

·
Registered
829 Posts
I need help naming my Kindle too!  I don't want to just settle on something - it has to be perfect.  Thinking something with a K since Kindle starts with K and so does my first name...  but I want something unique and pretty.  Any ideas?

·
Registered
19,280 Posts
Kirstin said:
I need help naming my Kindle too! I don't want to just settle on something - it has to be perfect. Thinking something with a K since Kindle starts with K and so does my first name... but I want something unique and pretty. Any ideas?
Kaki

I had a friend named Kaki way back when I was about 6 years old. I haven't thought of her in years and her name just popped into my head when I read your post!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Oh oh oh!!  I did a search on k names after I posted and saw this:
Keiko : KIGH-koh : japanese "adored one"

Then I came back here and saw Betsy's post!  Keiko it is!!  My "adored one"!  PERFECT!!!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Great name!! (but of course I'm biased, I love my Aunt Kay).

Interesting that it says it's pronounced KIGH-ko.  We always pronounced it KAY-ko.  Maybe she anglicized it....  I never knew it meant "my adored one."

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,218 Posts
Miles O'Brien's wife was Keiko on Star Trek Deep Space 9.  They pronounced it Kay-Ko

Ann

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Meemo, so where are you? I envy you -- 'cept maybe in hurricane season. I've got some of Seaside and the beach here. My condo is full of shells, sand, bottles of gulf water, a pelican feather, etc., etc. It does look kinda like a Florida beach cottage -- everything but the view!

But then Sausalito is for sale!

·
Registered
829 Posts
That's funny about pronunciation....   "Kay-Ko" reminds me also of the Whale from Free Willy so I'll probably pronounce it that way myself.  :)

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Meemo, so where are you? I envy you -- 'cept maybe in hurricane season. I've got some of Seaside and the beach here. My condo is full of shells, sand, bottles of gulf water, a pelican feather, etc., etc. It does look kinda like a Florida beach cottage -- everything but the view!
I'm in Niceville - about 30 minutes away. I can live with hurricane season - it's cold weather I can't handle!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts